Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Official ET/MPH List

Discussion in 'Need for Speed!' started by awdrocks, October 12, 2007.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. Limited02

Limited02 Well-Known Member

City, State:
      Gardner, KS
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      '02 Limited V8
      Just wanted to say that last Saturday didn't work out because it was cancelled and Sunday didn't work for Tek and I. So, we are meeting up tomorrow and I'll update with some pictures/vid and hopefully a new PB.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. Limited02

City, State:
      Gardner, KS
      '02 Limited V8
      Ran a new PB yesterday on my first try! 15.145 @ 88.77 MPH on 20's! Everything after was in the 15.3's:(

Mods:
      91 Tune from Henson Performance (SCTX3)
      Catback exhaust (FM 70, 2.5" single exhaust)
      2nd/3rd row seats removed
      Spare tire/jack removed

My last PB(15.22) I had an Efan, FR driveshaft/swaybar was removed as well as ALL the seats(minus drivers;)), plus I had a little tailwind. This time I ran, I had the stock clutch fan in as well as the swaybar/driveshaft and FR passenger seat(needed a camera mount) So more weight and less mods means I was happy and also glad I didn't break anything:D I met up with TekMan05 and ran his Mustang a few times(he killed me, check the vid) and we had a good time. So that wraps up this year and hopefully Santa will bring some go fast goodies for Christmas!!!

Another thing- Nearly ran out of gas on my last 3 runs and ended up buying 2 gallons of 104 Unleaded @ $7.50 a gallon!

Timeslip(#971):
      -R/T .407
      -60' 2.163
      -330' 6.220
      -1/8 9.655
      -MPH 71.58
      -1000' 12.623
      -1/4 15.145
      -MPH 88.77

[​IMG]

Me:
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

TekMan05's Mustang GT:
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

In-car vid of me racing TeKman05:
      [​IMG]

Last edited: November 21, 2010
    4. Jakee

Jakee Well-Known Member

City, State:
      Huntsville, Texas
      01 Sport
      So close!!! You should have taken your shoes off.

5. Limited02

City, State:
      Gardner, KS
      '02 Limited V8
      LOL :p:

I'm going to be getting a CAI, throttlebody/pleneum, put the efan back in, UDP's, maybe MSD COP's and get the tune worked on. Hopefully that'll help push it a little faster and I'll reach my goals. Goal is to beat Turdle's time and it'll be tough to do so.

6. Carguy3J

Carguy3J Well-Known Member

City, State:
      North East New Jersey
      '99 4dr. XLT SOHC A4WD
      Just for the record, what were the ambient air temps? I'm guessing pretty cold, no?

7. Limited02

City, State:
      Gardner, KS
      '02 Limited V8
      It was 56-57 degrees and the DA was 943ft. The weekend before it was 50 degrees at the same time and the DA was 305ft(was supposed to run that day, but plans changed)

That run was straight off the highway with the paper filter in the airbox. Only weight reduction was 2nd/3rd row seats and spare tire/jack removed. Only mods were 2.5" exhaust with a FM 70 on my 91 tune from James Henson.

Hoping to add a CAI, UDP's, get the efan put on and have James tweak the tune a little to get me into the 14's:D

8. awdrocks

awdrocks Active Member

City, State:
      Cancun
      2002 Eddie B.
      Guys so sorry I have been missing in action! Ill get all the new times up. I have not had much time to even log and use the computer at all work has been crazy. Maybe there is a way for someone to take over on the updates??

:thumbsup:

9. bscfrank914

bscfrank914 New Member

City, State:
      New York
      0-60 of your explorer

Out of curosity, what is your 0-60 times of your ex? If there is any mods list them!

10. Limited02

City, State:
      Gardner, KS
      '02 Limited V8
      I'll take them over if needed? I've actually been PM'ing Jon because I figured you were busy or something. Also if possible, my mods listed on the first page are incorrect. Should only be: Henson tune(91), FM70 exhaust, 2nd/3rd row seats and spare removed, running on 20's. ;)

Also, how's the build going on your Explorer???????

Who are you asking? I'd say my 0-60 is around 7 seconds?

11. techieman33

techieman33 Explorer Addict

City, State:
      Topeka, KS
      00 V8 Mountaineer
      I would be willing to take over as well, the problem is that to edit your post would require a moderator doing it.

12. Limited02

City, State:
      Gardner, KS
      '02 Limited V8
      After I posted, I thought that maybe you'd be a better choice. Not that I don't think I could handle it, but you have been here longer, know a few more people and are as crazy as I am for making an Explorer go fast.

I was wondering how to become a moderator? Wondering what kind of initiation you have to go through........:D

13. techieman33

City, State:
      Topeka, KS
      00 V8 Mountaineer
      I think it's mainly up to Rick to make that decision, and he probably runs it by the other mods to see what they think about it.

14. Turdle

Turdle Freelance Stuntman Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Humboldt, KS
      2000 Mounty
      All you have to do is PM me to make changes. That is the way it has been handled in the past.

15. Limited02

City, State:
      Gardner, KS
      '02 Limited V8
      If for some reason it comes to to either of us for a mod position(unlikely on my part) we may have to race for it!!! But I think I might have the upper hand for the position because I have a "mod" motor:D (and yes my humor sucks:p:)

Edit-Didn't see Jons post. We are just trying to take a load off you guys and the speed forums are pretty dead for the most part, so I guess it's no biggie:(

16. techieman33

City, State:
      Topeka, KS
      00 V8 Mountaineer
      Once I get these alcon brakes figured out I kick your ass 60-0.:p:

17. TekMan05

TekMan05 Active Member

City, State:
      Kansas City
      '00 XLT 5.0 V8
      It is getting close to that time again. You guys wanna have some kinda area Explorer meet later on in the spring? Unfortunately, You guys won't have to worry about me running the stang out there for a while. My 2nd gear syncro is bad so racing on that is a big NO NO.

18. Limited02

City, State:
      Gardner, KS
      '02 Limited V8
      That sounds like a great idea! I doubt I will be running my Explorer until the Fall because I've got a few trips planned this summer and I need all the money I can get. I really want to hit 14's though!!!

Eric- I bet you could out brake me with your stock setup!!! My moms old '96 seemed to have stonger brakes than mine did? Start a thread about the new binders you picked up;)

19. gottraction?

gottraction? New Member

City, State:
      Atlanta GA
      1998 Ford Explorer Sport
      Well i havent been posting on this site but im about to. Im taking my Explorer sport to Atlanta Dragway tonight for a few pulls. It has 227k miles on her with an intake extension/flowtech muffler! everthing else is stock This SOHC V6 really feels strong for an SUV so im hoping for 15.9 or faster! Will post updated times

20. Carguy3J

Carguy3J Well-Known Member

City, State:
      North East New Jersey
      '99 4dr. XLT SOHC A4WD
      Wow. This one of the few "dead" threads that should be revived. I can't believe it has been 2 YEARS since somebody posted here!

As for your prediction; forget it. There is no way a stock Explorer SOHC is going to run 15.9 You'll be very lucky if you can manage high 16's.

My '99 Explorer, with the SOHC did run a 15.87 once. BUT, a.) it was cold out, compared to the warm temps you are likely to be running in Atlanta b.) Along w/ a K&N FIPK, the biggest contributing factor was an SCT XCAL3 w/ custom Henson tuning. Without that, no way was that going to happen. In fact, if recall correctly, I ran about 16.8-16.9 in a couple of passes I made with just the stock ecm programming and the K&N kit.

The truck has been sitting for years now, but I do eventually plan on getting it running again. The biggest hurdle right now, besides cash, is a bad fuel pump and a FULL tank. My goal is to break into the 14's, naturally aspirated. There will have been a few more mods since the 15.87 run, and I would count a 14.999 as a victory....

This assumes, of course, I don't just jump straight to the blower setup, as I already have the appropriate M90. I just can't afford the RP Caster kit to install it. Well, that and there is enough about the kit that I don't like, that I kind of have a hard time justifying the price, when I might end up replacing/redoing half of it anyway, and he won't sell partial kits.

The other thing is, if I go S/C'd, I'll never be anywhere near the top of THAT list! I have a shot at the N/A "crown", but I'll always be a "little fish" in the power adder crowd. I know what I could do to be at the top there too, but I'll never have the money to make it happen.

21. Limited02

City, State:
      Gardner, KS
      '02 Limited V8
      Looking forward to your results! Please be sure to post a timeslip of your run and a video would hurt either. I have a feeling you'll be running closer to 16.5 on a good day, but you never know till you try!

I agree it's been quite some time. Since my last run I've added a K&N CAI and replaced the COP's so she's been running a smidge stronger now. As much as I want to beat Jon's time, it's not going to happen unless I do some more work and have perfect conditions. We'll see how the summer goes and if things are still looking good around fall, maybe I'll be willing to give it a shot:thumbsup: