Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

One Inch Body Lift

Discussion in 'Modified Explorations!!' started by Joe93, October 15, 2001.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. Joe93

Joe93 Elite Dakota

City, State:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    I have searched and not really found an answer to what I am going to ask. How do you do a 1 inch Body Lift? What is the easy way to do it and what do I need to do it? Any ideas are greatly apreciated.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. rockymntnhi

rockymntnhi Active Member

City, State:
    Pueblo, CO.
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    98' Sport
    Hockey pucks

4. wabbit

wabbit Active Member

City, State:
    Western Colorado
    the white one...
    Yup, hockey pucks will work, but...

Installing a body lift is a lot of work to just get 1". And more than likely, you will wish you had done a 2"for the same amount of work.
    Stepping from 2" to 3" is a different story. 3" will require use of bumper relocation brackets, and possible steering column mods, among other things.
    I did a 1" on my Ex. Well, 1" hockey pucks sandwiched between two big flat washers added 1 1/4". It worked fine, but I wish I had just went ahead and done a 2".

5. SteveVB

SteveVB Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    04 Rubicon w/stuff
    MORE has aluminum

The hockey pucks work , but they deteriorate over time( i had some on a Jeep years ago).

MORE has 1 aluminum spacers for 4 or 5 each which should work well for a 1" lift, combined with some 1" longer bolts , I think the fan shroud would need attention but not myuch else.

Im doing the 1" on mine, get some clearance for future trans case swap., should also make working on the engine a bit easier too.

http://www.mountainoffroad.com/catalog/Body lifts/liftpucks.htm

6. Joe93

Joe93 Elite Dakota

City, State:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks for the info. I have the 3 inch now but I don't really like it. I just want to do the one inch for more tire room after I do the suspension lift.

7. KEbert

KEbert Elite Explorer

City, State:
    California
    '91 XLT
    Or you could just get a 2 inch and cut an inch off. I was thinking about doing this after I got my modified Duff lift on so I can maybe run 33's but certainly 32's.