phone starts playing media | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

phone starts playing media

6 enter/exist and no more "Random Pocket Ghetto Blaster". :dpchug:

This is what I did:
BB Torch
- Network and Connection
- Bluetooth Connections
- Paired Devices - Sync - Options
Unchecked Audio Source and A/V Remote Control, Target

Not sure if it messesd anything else up on my BB or not but seems good so far. I have not tried any of the MFT suggestions above.

-Ian

No more streaming BT music from your phone like that.

My BB (three different models) have done this since 2008. It's never happened with my Evo on original or MFT sync versions.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Does streaming BT music work for you? When I try this with my BB it pauses/goes silent for a very short time period every few seconds, making it not listenable. Of course it works fine with the same phone in my 2009. I'm still on v2.4 so I'm hoping one of the existing (or future) updates will fix this.

My BB (three different models) have done this since 2008. It's never happened with my Evo on original or MFT sync versions.

I am ok with that. Tried it once and the sound quality wasn't there for music (maybe it was my settings). Also, most of my MP3s are low/mid quality, fine for head phones while riding my mountain bike but not for 'turning it up to 11'...

Does streaming BT music work for you? When I try this with my BB it pauses/goes silent for a very short time period every few seconds, making it not listenable. Of course it works fine with the same phone in my 2009. I'm still on v2.4 so I'm hoping one of the existing (or future) updates will fix this.

Works great. I'm 2.4 also. Bold 9700 if that helps.

I am ok with that. Tried it once and the sound quality wasn't there for music (maybe it was my settings). Also, most of my MP3s are low/mid quality, fine for head phones while riding my mountain bike but not for 'turning it up to 11'...

I can agree there. It's still higher quality than the sirius...

Works great. I'm 2.4 also. Bold 9700 if that helps.

I can agree there. It's still higher quality than the sirius...

Huh...? I need to recheck the BT and settings then because my sirius sounds pretty good and the BT was pretty bad.

Switching it up a little, anyone now if you can play FLAC files on a memory stick through the USB inputs?

Huh...? I need to recheck the BT and settings then because my sirius sounds pretty good and the BT was pretty bad.
Make sure you turn the volume way up on your phone.

Samsung Moment

My samsung moment will do this randomly when I turn my X off and leave the car. I have android 2.1 with Sprint and my phone will not be updated to 2.2 unless I root the phone.:salute:

my phone starts playing my music media when i am using BT mode when the car is turned off . has this happened to anyone else? it could just be my junk phone also???

this has happened to me 2-3 times. The first time was, believe it or not, when I was taking delivery of the vehicle. The salesman was trying to "teach" me all the MFT features, although the poor guy really did not have much clue, I probably knew more, just based on the marketing brochures I had read back then. Maybe I should have taken that first occurance as a sign to not accept delivery of vehicle:D

Switching it up a little, anyone now if you can play FLAC files on a memory stick through the USB inputs?

It's true, I have had 4 years of SYNC. It depends on the source file of course, bit a high bitrate MP3 sounds better. It's all in the bandwith. FLAC files, no idea, but that would really help quality. It's probably overkill for the speakers and stereo itself.

Make sure you turn the volume way up on your phone.

I use one notch from the top. My phone also has DSP settings that help a bit.

Back