Picked up a new project | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Picked up a new project

Huntress said:
Oh, how do you upload pics on here??? I got pics of the mud bogs and of Lost in the 50's.

send them to your bro to post them, he is elite so he can upload them all he wants.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Umm, that's not allowed.

Huntress doesn't want to get her brother banned. He might stop working on her truck.

I am impressed with the interior/dash!. In the beginning I thought" What are you doing with that friggin mess!!!"..I had no idea you were re-doing the interior.....I LIKEY!!!!

RangerX said:
Umm, that's not allowed.
oh, oops. :-X
i only mentioned it because i've seen it done on here before...many times.
and boomin has a good idea with the 5" tach :thumbsup:

No, we wouldn't want that, lol. Him getting banned or him not working on my truck. :eek: Well, then I guess no body gets to see the pic's except my brother! :( Thankx anyway though! :cool:

You can host them on http://imagevenue.com/. It will give you a link to post up on here, so we can all see them. :)

You could use cardomain as well (free). If you have an ISP, almost all of them give you a small area for a website. I am sure your brother would help you set it up.

These are the pics from Lost in the 50's that I have, but it isn't all of them. I dont have the rest, lol. Hope you guys like them! ;) :D

th_515_boss302.jpg

th_f23_dawnaCobra05.jpg

th_518_dawnaGTO_05.jpg

th_cd4_GTO_05.jpg

hey I think you did a great job on the interior I'm also about to start working on a 1989 ford ranger that was given to me by my grandad. did you paint the dash or cover it in something? what did you do exactly and what kind of steering wheel is that where can I get one :) thanks mate keep up the good work it's looking awesome. oh and the diamond plate tailgate is that a totally different gate or did you just moddify the original if you did how did you manage it :D oh and did you do anything about the steering column

makes me want to fix the one i have for sale in the classifieds.

cowbell said:
hey I think you did a great job on the interior I'm also about to start working on a 1989 ford ranger that was given to me by my grandad. did you paint the dash or cover it in something? what did you do exactly and what kind of steering wheel is that where can I get one :) thanks mate keep up the good work it's looking awesome. oh and the diamond plate tailgate is that a totally different gate or did you just moddify the original if you did how did you manage it :D oh and did you do anything about the steering column

The Inerior was all repainted, with paint. We'll have to see how well it' holds up. :rolleyes: James Duff makes a dash replacement dash cover in black, and fit's perfectly. The stearing Wheel is a Grant, should be able to pick one up at your local auto parts store. The Tailgate is just a piece of Dimond Plate that was cut to size.

Stay tuned for the follow up pics of the interior. We should wrap it up next weekend, We're about half way done with the new carpet. ;)

90%!

Well the Inerior is just wraping up, with only a few touchs left. One being the Armrests which will be made of wood and will match the dash. The Engine will go back together next weekend. The truck will make it's Maden Voyage the following weekend for a test trip, before she goes to Idaho. O' yeah we also picked up a Rollbar today ;) Here are some updated pics.

12287a90_.jpg

12287a90_2.jpg

12287Bar1.jpg

I hope you put a good cover on that speaker in the door. My old ranger had speakers mounted there and they were always being kicked and beat up. Its going to be an almost new truck when you are done. I have been eyeing an 89-92 ranger close to wear I have been working but so far I have resisted the temptation to call on it and see how much they want for it. One project is hard enough.

RockRanger said:
I hope you put a good cover on that speaker in the door. My old ranger had speakers mounted there and they were always being kicked and beat up. Its going to be an almost new truck when you are done. I have been eyeing an 89-92 ranger close to wear I have been working but so far I have resisted the temptation to call on it and see how much they want for it. One project is hard enough.

Actually the speaker does have a cover, it just didn't show in the picture :rolleyes:

Well dove under the hood this weekend, Started cleaning all the greese off the motor. I guess you would have to have tight bolts on the valve covers to stop the oil from getting there though:rolleyes:

Anyways motor was suprisingly clean on the inside. Should run good :thumbsup: Should be running again by next weekend.

Here's a updated pic on the progress. ;)

12287Engine.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks ;)

How's this for a Before and After

12287Inside.jpg

12287New_Inside.jpg

Just got to put the new armrests on. My father-in-law made all new ones out of wood. They look very cool! :thumbsup:

Back