Pictures of Herculined Lower Doors and Rockers? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Pictures of Herculined Lower Doors and Rockers?

I need to see some picture guys. My lower doors and rockers are really torn up from my tires throwing rock chips at them and I need to see what it would look like if I just herc'ed them.

My truck is red with grey trim, am I better off using the black herc or the grey herc?

Check out my pix. I have the rockers done, but not the doors. Explorereb96 and (I think) JoshC have theirs done too, including the lower doors.

On edit, here's a link to one of them. Herculined rocker

Just now seeing this thread.......

Thanks Jeff! Did you need to scuff up the paint before you applied it?

Has anyone done this with the existing factory fender flares?

Well, not the "factory" flares. . .

Jason -

I have Herculined the rocker panels, lower door portions, interior door "step" and my Bushwhacker after market flares (Extend-a-Fender).

With appropriate prep work, the Herculiner went on easy and looks great. I did scuff all the painted surfaces and used Xlyene liberally before applying the Herculiner.

One note on the Herculiner, it does fade - - quick. You might be able to paint it to match your existing flare color scheme, or let it fade out to the dull blackish color that will come in a few months after the application.

Sorry, but I don't have pics of the Herculined flares.

Paul
'91 Sport

Back