Post pictures of your truck with auxiliary lights | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Post pictures of your truck with auxiliary lights

Please post some pictures of your truck with auxiliary lights installed.

Thanks ...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There are two 55 Watt bulbs (one clear and one blue) inside the lights next to the plates. I could bump that up 4 100 watt bulbs if wanted. However I already have had cars flicking there highbeams at me, with the 55 watters.
P1010003-1.jpg

P1010005.jpg

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

I have them bolted to the fiberglass? piece that runs just below the grill with brackts that set them back about 2" (as far back as I could get before hitting the radiator. I need to rig up something else though they shake a little bit while driving the brace just isn't strong enough to hold them steady.

The lights are a pair of hella 500's, but unless I can figure out a way to point them lower I'll put something else in since right now they spend more time lighting up the trees than the road. So the only time I'll even use them is if i'm in the middle of nowhere on some back country road.

Hooked mine up this way as well. 2 100 watt off road lights. Mine sit right up to the back of the grill, did not want to get to close to the radiator.
I had the same prob with mine. They were pointing too high up. Solution--i used spacer washers to lift them enough too point them down further. as far as the shaking goes, I plan on adding a 1/4" pc of flat stock (1.5" w x 6"L) under the light mount for added stability, then remove a couple of those washers for aiming them.

picture.php

hey, ive got a black 01 and i really like the way youve mounted the lights what did you attach them to? also what size is that light? and last thing, do you guys reccomend attaching the lights to the factory fog light switch?

The only thing that should be attached to the factory fog light wiring is the switch wire to the relay that is used with the Aux. lamps. Dont connect the Aux. lights to the factory wire without useing a relay.

I have 2x100w and 2x55w, planning on 4x100w... Is that going to be way too much?

If anything, I COULD go with 4x55w..

I have 2x100w and 2x55w, planning on 4x100w... .

You connected all that to your factory fog light wires and are NOT using a relay for each set of lights?

WOAH! What!?

Nooo!

I have two Hella 500FF's [with 100w], and I have my 55w navigator fogs spliced into the Hella system. [Which is all triggered by the high beam of my HID kit] Everything has relays as far as those lights are concerned.

The lights I'm planning for the roof will be on their own system, the question is... can my alternator handle it?

What's the worst that could happen mounting lights onto a stock roof rack?

P1010139.jpg

I don't have any pics of them on.
P1010128.jpg

here's what i have. I got them at auto zone for $6 a piece on clearance. I have replaced the bulbs with xenon H3, and it makes a big difference.

nice x u got there wrigley

Those are pretty much generic Hella 500FF, not bad though. I like em.

they were so cheap I couldn't say no. I'll dig out my camera and try to take some pics with them on later.

I'm planning 4 off-road lights for up there, I hope it's not too weak.

I just took my front rack bar off and dissasembled it after finding another thread where someone had done it. It's going to work out how I want it I think. I'm going to grab 2 or 4 lights in a few hours here and get started :)

Keep us updated, I'm right behind you.

I'm just hoping over time nothing warps or something...

Notace the Hawk in the refelction of the sun. The roof lights are tucked away.
Aug25_82.jpg

My favorite light.
Explorer_Rear.jpg

That's not a hawk. You camera just sucks!:p: Mine does the same.

Current aux light setup.. 100w's in the Hella's and 55w's in the Fogs.

(I'm going to be putting 4 Hella's up on the roof soon, still not sure if I want to make those 100w's also or not.)
100_1554.jpg

Back