Post pictures of your truck with auxiliary lights | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Post pictures of your truck with auxiliary lights

Please post some pictures of your truck with auxiliary lights installed.

Thanks ...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

myfavoritepic.jpg

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

here's my setup. need to get new pics of the clear corners and silverstars i just put on, but i am waiting till i get my $10 light bar done
DCP_2573.jpg

all lit up
DCP_1707.jpg

by the way where's the best place to get some bright-a$$ reverse lights, halogen or led's. i would like the 3156 style rather than aux. rev. lights

Does this count also as auxillery lighting???

here's my setup. need to get new pics of the clear corners and silverstars i just put on, but i am waiting till i get my $10 light bar done
DCP_2573.jpg

all lit up
DCP_1707.jpg

by the way where's the best place to get some bright-a$$ reverse lights, halogen or led's. i would like the 3156 style rather than aux. rev. lights

How are those large lights attached to the bumper?

Thanks ....

aldive,
i used some 1/4" 4x4 steel angle, cut it down to keep the lights and brackets from rubbing the bumper and grille. i had to get longer bolts for the factory bumper holes b/c i used 1/4" steel. some pics
DCP_1645-1.jpg

DCP_1640-1.jpg

DCP_1643.jpg

in this pic that bolt was temp. for fit it was way too long
i also trimmed the corners of the steel and coated them with truck bed liner-the cheap stuff not herc.
i haven't had any prob's with vibration....yet

Don't have a pic of them on though....

DSC_0007.jpg

I like the Explorer emblem on the fender, actually looks pretty awesome. This is one of the cleanest and best looking 1st generations i've ever seen.

CBII, by the way, what size tires are those, and do you have a lift?

Thanks for the comments.:thumbsup:

Those are 31's with next to no lift at all...just an add-a-leaf in the rear. Only thing it did was fix the saggy ass that it had prior and maybe add an extra 1/2"...and that's just a maybe. Never really measured.

4 rack lights, 2 bumper mounted PIAAs, 2 bumper mounted fogs.

IMG_0098.jpg

All lit up at night, before the new headlights:

DSC_0005resize.jpg

Jason, that looks very nice.

How did you mount the bumper lights?

Thanks ...

Notace the Hawk in the refelction of the sun. The roof lights are tucked away.
Aug25_82.JPG

My favorite light.
Explorer_Rear.jpg

Thanks for the comments.:thumbsup:

Those are 31's with next to no lift at all...just an add-a-leaf in the rear. Only thing it did was fix the saggy ass that it had prior and maybe add an extra 1/2"...and that's just a maybe. Never really measured.

cool, so everything still stock up front?

the 31s look bigger to me, guess it's because of the no lift. any problems rubbing at all? what width? 10?

I will be posting in this thread as soon as I finish the enormous auxiliary wiring job I'm doing in my truck...It's gonna feel so good when it's finally complete.

But until then...subscribing:thumbsup:

Be careful with that carr light wing, if they arent made out of metal they break when bumped by another vehicle in normal parking situations.

Ok cool, I know they were fiberglass when they first came out and I didnt know if they changed to metal or not.

Back