• Register Today It's free!

Powerdyne supercharger help!

4jrfox

Reaction score
City, State
Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 gt 40 p
:exporange Hello, Im a new member and having a problem with a Powerdyne Supercharger and need your help! I purchased a used kit for my 1997 gt40p headed engine that I put in a old 74 Bronco. Its Fantastic! However the kit is missing a Alternator relocating Bracket. As they dont make the kit any longer and I cant find one! I have contacted Ford Racing which there lit has beed discontunued several years ago. And Powerdyne is not making or in existance any longer. Ive hunted and looked without any luck. ive checked with March and Moroso no go. I have the original reversed serprntine set up. I need to move the alternator directly down from the original position, and the supercharger will go above in the alternators original position.
The person who sold me the charger left the bracket on the truck that he sols several years ago. Any suggestions? Does anyone know where there's a truck that purchased one that they pulled off or trashed a charger? I will purchase or trade for the original brackets off my truck. Any suggestions HELP! Is there anywhere on this site that this question would have been better placed? Help? John Fox 281-451-8884...4jrfox@sbcglobal.net
Id sure like to get my truck running again!

I have found one of the principles to powerdyne and there trying to get me the blueprint on the bracket. Actually there are 2 different brackets that they have made one for the powerdyne kit and for the Ford Racing Motorsport kit. Two different designs but both will work fine. Id rather get the right bracket if possible, under high revs the belt will stay on better, if you know what I mean. Any thoughts are appreciated.

I would get one fabricated, it shouldnt take too much effort to make an alt bracket.

The bracket on the left is the alternator bracket. It will take quite a fabricator to move the " bolt in from top" bracket down below.

Seems there is someone else having issues with powerdyne and found they actually moved from Kansas to California somewhere-But they are still operating under the same name swomewhere

attachment.php

Back