Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Questions about Converting to 4.10s

Discussion in 'Modified 1995-2001 Explorers' started by Mkpn24, November 29, 2013.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. Mkpn24

Mkpn24 New Member

Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2001 Ford Explorer XLT
    I have a 2001 explorer xlt 4 door 4wd with either 3.23 or 3.55 gears I forgot which one. I'm running 33" tires and want more low end. I bought a front carrier from a 2001 ranger with 4.10 gears but it needs the inner axle shaft. Will the one from my original front carrier work? Also, what year rear ends will fit? I know you need 98 and up for the fronts but i don't know about the rears. I see a rear end on craigslist from a 1997 explorer with 4.10s I just want to make sure it fits before I buy it and make sure there isn't a bunch of modification needed to make it fit. Let me know what you guys think.

2. Support EF

Elite Explorer 2 for 1 Sale! $20 for 2 years!

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. Mkpn24

Mkpn24 New Member

Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2001 Ford Explorer XLT
    I have the 3.55s Just checked.