• Register Today It's free!

Remote Start Apple Watch

nitzer51

Reaction score
City, State
seattle
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer LTD
I know the remote start app has not been updated since 2013, but what are the chances Ford could push custom accessories to update the app to include compatibility with the iphone 6/6+ screens and... god forbid... the apple watch.

It would be bad ass to start/lock my car from my watch.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I know the remote start app has not been updated since 2013, but what are the chances Ford could push custom accessories to update the app to include compatibility with the iphone 6/6+ screens and... god forbid... the apple watch.

It would be bad ass to start/lock my car from my watch.

I second the motion. Im still a little frustrated with the lack of updates on this App.......my wife's OnStar App gets updated with new features a couple times a year.

What are the chances? I'm guessing none, and none...

Look into this. http://www.viper.com/SmartStart/New/

I hear a lot of reviews that say the system sucks, but I have no issues at all and neither does a friend of mine who had me put one in his car. It can be used stand alone or with a system. I have a Viper 5904 with smart start I installed that came out of my MKX.

Im pretty sure all the engineers that would be working on legacy platforms like MFT and Remote Start App are now assisting with SYNC 3 trying to get it out without crashing. LOL!

Drove a 15 Yukon SLT last week with GM's Intellilink Multimedia with 4G and center console wireless smartphone charging. The execution on the navigation and the connected systems including the OnStar Remote App is far superior.

Unfortunately GM has stepped up the In Vehicle Technology game and Ford has a long way to go to catch up.

Great responses everyone. I figured as much on all of the points mentioned but thought I'd ask anyway right? Lol

...ahhh prob not no way but try it if you can.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ford-remote-access/id587040067?mt=8
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Its prob not going to work but if no one has tried, well....

FYI
http://www.macrumors.com/how-to/download-install-arrange-apple-watch-apps/
"At the current time, all Apple Watch apps are powered by the iPhone, which means they're bundled into iPhone apps.
Apple Watch apps are downloaded by downloading a compatible app onto your iPhone, which can be done from the regular App Store or through the "Apple Watch App Store" located within the Apple Watch companion app on your iPhone. The Apple Watch companion app has an icon that looks like a watch and is automatically installed on all iOS devices running iOS 8.2 or later. "

Great responses everyone. I figured as much on all of the points mentioned but thought I'd ask anyway right? Lol

I watched the June 8th Apple keynote tonight, did you happen to see the demo for the upgrades to the Watch OS2?

They showed the VW Remote App for the Electric model running on the Watch.

Very cool functionality, the system is VW Car-net.

Back