'13 Xploder - Remote Start Q's | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

'13 Xploder - Remote Start Q's

So i think i may have an idea why this doesn't work sometimes. Sometimes when i get in the truck and turn it on...it says transmission is not in park when it clearly is.

Also when shutting off it will sometimes give me this error that trans is not in park when it clearly is. So i wonder if that is what is holding up the remote start
If you're getting the Shift to Park message it means that your shifter has to be replaced. See post 145 in this thread about the TSB;
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=375462&highlight=shift+park

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you're getting the Shift to Park message it means that your shifter has to be replaced. See post 145 in this thread about the TSB;
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=375462&highlight=shift+park

Peter

No wonder it sounded familiar lol. My post:

TSB 14-0209

SHIFT TO PARK MESSAGE - WHILE IN PARK / UNABLE TO REMOVE
IKT / SHIFTER STUCK IN PARK / DISCHARGED BATTERY DUE TO
SHIFT TO PARK LIGHT ON

FORD:
2011-2014 Edge
2013-2014 Flex
2011-2015 Explorer
2013-2015 Taurus
LINCOLN:
2013-2014 MKS, MKT
2011-2015 MKX

ISSUE
Some 2011-2014 Edge, 2011-2015 MKX, Explorer, 2013-2014 Flex, MKT, MKS and 2013-2015 Taurus vehicles equipped
with a floor shift selector lever may exhibit a Shift To Park message displayed while in park, unable to remove integrated
keyhead transmitter (IKT), shifter stuck in park and/or discharged battery due to Shift to Park light remaining illuminated.
The park detect switch cannot detect the shifter is in park.

SERVICE PROCEDURE
1. Replace the selector lever assembly.

And since it is a TSB it only falls under Factory Warranty Guidelines. IE 3/36 and any purchased extended warranty. If you are outside of this you pay.

I had to cancel my appt today due to work.

They are booking out the week of the 6th! Said they got very busy quick..(big big dealer)

So it goes in the 6th for the remote star/shift to park issue and another one that i figured i would have them take a look at

...So it goes in the 6th for the remote star/shift to park issue and another one that i figured i would have them take a look at

Thanks for the update, pup5581. Let us know how things go on the 6th. :thumbsup:

Crystal

Back