• Register Today It's free!

Replacement rear USB port cover?

jhu8

Reaction score
City, State
Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Anyone know where I might be able to find this? I called the dealer and their price was $30 and I had them order it. But I looked at it more today, and it looks like the unit itself is fine and that the cover simply just connects to two holes on the hinge that allows it to swing. So it seems that all I need is just a plastic cover to connect to the main unit. I'd hate to pay $30 just for that. Any ideas where I could find that piece?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Anyone know where I might be able to find this? I called the dealer and their price was $30 and I had them order it. But I looked at it more today, and it looks like the unit itself is fine and that the cover simply just connects to two holes on the hinge that allows it to swing. So it seems that all I need is just a plastic cover to connect to the main unit. I'd hate to pay $30 just for that. Any ideas where I could find that piece?

Do you have a part number?

Either way, check the parts section of autonation ford white bear lake.

Do you have a part number?

Either way, check the parts section of autonation ford white bear lake.

That's the one thing I am missing. I've searched it all over Google and eBay and can't find it.

If you can find someone that has the USB port see if they can look at the number that is on the cover and then see if you can get it to come up on a search.

The problem is that quite likely it is a part of the assembly where you need to purchase the whole USB port to repair a $0.50 part.

If you can find someone that has the USB port see if they can look at the number that is on the cover and then see if you can get it to come up on a search.

The problem is that quite likely it is a part of the assembly where you need to purchase the whole USB port to repair a $0.50 part.
I replaced mine in my wife’s 17 Limited. It just pops out and unplugs from the harness. Took me less than 5 minutes. She snapped the lid off of hers with her foot accidentally.

I replaced mine in my wife’s 17 Limited. It just pops out and unplugs from the harness. Took me less than 5 minutes. She snapped the lid off of hers with her foot accidentally.

How much was it and did you get it from the dealer? Did you really have to replace the whole thing? It looks like there are two holes that the cover snaps onto that allows it to swing.

:pics:

Where is it exactly?

The rear of the console between the 2 front seats?

Front Console for 2017 Ford Explorer | Auto Nation Ford White Bear Lake

Or the rear of the second row console?

Rear Console for 2017 Ford Explorer | Auto Nation Ford White Bear Lake

The USB ports for the rear seats. Right next to the 12V plug.

I had an idea but I don't know if it will work. Do you have a rubber cover from the access hole in rear drum brakes?
the 5th gen doesn't have "drum brakes".

Peter

Okay thanks. $12-15 is a bit better than $30. And you swapped the whole module. My dealer is overcharging for sure. Maybe I will try another one. Do you by any chance have a part number?

The 5th gen doesn't have "drum brakes".

Peter
I mentioned that the rubber plug was used on drum brakes. It's a universal part which isn't vehicle specific. Many older GM & Ford vehicles used the same rubber plug.

Okay thanks. $12-15 is a bit better than $30. And you swapped the whole module. My dealer is overcharging for sure. Maybe I will try another one. Do you by any chance have a part number?
No, sorry,because the dealer ordered it. I wanted to make sure I got the right one.

No, sorry,because the dealer ordered it. I wanted to make sure I got the right one.

No problem. Is there not one on the inside of the cover itself? If not, no worries.

No problem. Is there not one on the inside of the cover itself? If not, no worries.
As I recall the number on the housing doesn’t match the part number the dealer used

upload_2019-4-3_15-56-54.png

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back