• Register Today It's free!

Retrofit front seats

herebyproxy

Reaction score
City, State
Luthersville, Ga
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Sport
I wonder if anyone here has replaced their front seats with other than explorer seats......

2000 sport 4.0 OHV gray cloth and vinyl interior

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It's happened. Don't know of any specific examples off the top of my head. All that would be required would be taking measurements to see if the new seats will fit, and then fabricating up a bracket to bolt the seat into the current setup you have so you still have power seats. And re-attaching the wiring too, obviously.

Non power seats

Thanks for the response......Actually I don't have power seats and I was hoping another Ford product would bolt right in without any retro-fitting.....

Ranger seats from the same year MIGHT be a direct bolt in, but any other vehicle and you're likely going to need some sort of adjustment bracket to bolt to in order to make them fit. I'm not expert though. Still have my stock seats. :)

Any seat will fit, its just where the mounting parts are, and if you can make a mounting bracket.

Also, some seats have bolt on seat tracks, which means you can have all the mounting parts just like the stock seats, but a different seat.

as long as you have a welder and spare metal, sure, any seat will work, will just have to fab up the mounts...and if your creative enough, the electrical as well. My navajo has celica gts seats in it, and they were installed using the factory track with rebar welded on top of it

Why not just get some power leather or cloth Ex seats? Then you can get the rears too, and everything will match... :dunno:

Back