Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Shocks with 2 reservoirs??? Seen these???

Discussion in 'Shocks, Suspensions, Lift Kits' started by grant00, February 2, 2012.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. grant00

grant00 Active Member

City, State:
    Folsom, CA (home); Pomona, CA (school)
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    '00 XLT 4.0 SOHC
    I saw these on a ranger at school a week or so ago and just got around to getting a picture of them. They are only on the front on stock suspension. I have never seen anything like these before...seems kind of pointless to have 2 reservoirs on one shock. Ever seen these/ know who made them?? Anyways, pics... (sorry they're big)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. danwaters

danwaters Active Member

City, State:
    Fallbrook, CA
    97 Explorer 5.0 limited
    It is pointless. The person must think it looks cool or something but for a 2.0 a single res will be more than enough. With these two res's you will probably just blow the shock up if it gets beat on because now you have twice the nitrogen capacity as the shock was designed for, and I don't think the shock can take that being a 2.0. The shock will have one hell of a spring rate in it but, pointless.

4. grant00

grant00 Active Member

City, State:
    Folsom, CA (home); Pomona, CA (school)
    '00 XLT 4.0 SOHC
    Exactly what I was thinking... I would never buy them. That's why I have some bilstein 7100's getting put on in the next week. I first thought they could maybe be some sort of internal bypass but they look too small. Just for looks