Speaker wiring question | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Speaker wiring question

210Dom

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer Limited
Hey guys new to the forum. I just had a question and hopefully can advise me to success. I just got a little sound system for my explorer and wanted to put it in myself as something to keep me busy on my off day. I want to install my subs and amp without removing my head unit by using a line out converter. My question is where would I be tapping in to place my LOC. I was thinking I could make it easier by trying to put it at the rear stock subwoofer but not sure if that would work. Any recommendations? I'd like to try to do it without ripping off any panels. Thanks in advance to anyone who reads and gives helpful feedback. I wanted to post this thread because I can't find any tutorials or information on how to do this on my model or anything close to it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey guys new to the forum. I just had a question and hopefully can advise me to success. I just got a little sound system for my explorer and wanted to put it in myself as something to keep me busy on my off day. I want to install my subs and amp without removing my head unit by using a line out converter. My question is where would I be tapping in to place my LOC. I was thinking I could make it easier by trying to put it at the rear stock subwoofer but not sure if that would work. Any recommendations? I'd like to try to do it without ripping off any panels. Thanks in advance to anyone who reads and gives helpful feedback. I wanted to post this thread because I can't find any tutorials or information on how to do this on my model or anything close to it.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/index.php?posts/3606776/

Any recommendations? I'd like to try to do it without ripping off any panels.

No way to add a LOC to your system without taking off the rear panel. Its frankly not very hard to do. Check out the Subwoofer Removal Guide linked in the first post here:

2016 Explorer Sport - Audio System Build

If you want to add a sub amp without tapping into wiring, you could also add the Dead Link Removed

If your questions are still unanswered, let us know.

I wanted to post this thread because I can't find any tutorials or information on how to do this on my model or anything close to it.

Read through the links in the first post of this thread here and I think you'll find plenty of things to point you in the right direction.. :)

2016 Explorer Sport - Audio System Build

Back