Tint % on rear windows of new Explorer Sport | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Tint % on rear windows of new Explorer Sport

SilverStallion

Reaction score
City, State
Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Sport
Can anyone tell me the precise tint % that is on the rear windows of the new 2017 Explorers? They used to have 17% but I wanted to know if that has changed.

Thanks.

Darren

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Considering many states (mine included) don't allow greater then 35%, I am not sure how they could have had 17% or anything darker then 35%.

I got 18% put on the fronts and it's about a perfect match to the rears

Considering many states (mine included) don't allow greater then 35%, I am not sure how they could have had 17% or anything darker then 35%.

The states who's laws I've looked at have an exception for factory tint.

I got 16 put on the front which is a close match to the rears. I had the same on my 03 xlt. With the new safety laws in affect in Ontario as of July 1 most garages have a meter and can tell you what the tint percentage is. Good thing I had my exp built before Jan 1 2017 so tint regs aren't as tight if I ever have to safety it later in life

Most tint restrictions are for the "B" pillar forward as most allow darker in the rear portion behind the B.

Another thing to remember is that the front windows are much more susceptible to the enormous amount of light that comes through the front windshield.

Most tint restrictions are for the "B" pillar forward as most allow darker in the rear portion behind the B.

Exactly the key to this.

Ohio limits the tint on my front windows to 50%. Since this is the wife's vehicle, I can't go any darker than that so she isn't pulled over. Too bad.

Back