Zombie Assault Preparedness Vehicle or ZAPV | Page 48 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Zombie Assault Preparedness Vehicle or ZAPV

Before:
1I.jpg

After:
collage1.jpg

I had just bought the truck for 4k with just over 100k miles on it, was just going to be a daily driver but decided to make it a capable off road vehicle. Soon you will see the transformation of this truck into the ZAPV or Zombie Assault Preparedness Vehicle.

This is how I got the truck.
1I.jpg

1IV.jpg

I decided to put bed liner on all of the plastic parts, and it looked good. At this point I thought I was done with the body (foolish me) I was going to settle for a good looking with minor capabilities truck.

2I.jpg

2II.jpg

2III.jpg

2IV.jpg

S7303032.jpg

I soon grew tiered of all the plastic wrapped around the truck, and the fact that the bed liner wasn’t sticking to it, so I pulled all of the plastic off and started over. I filled all of the holes left by the plastic with bondo or expanding insulation foam.

3II.jpg

3I.jpg

3III.jpg

Bed lining was applied next. The whole truck was covered (including the rear wheel well). This didn't take as long as I thought it would.

S7303454.jpg

S7303456.jpg

S7303457.jpg

S7303458.jpg

S7303459.jpg

(this is where I put bondo to fill in the divit.
S7303461.jpg

S7303463.jpg

And at last the Zombie Assault Preparedness Vehicle or ZAPV. It is the essential vehicle to use in case of a zombie outbreak, it can drive long distances, prevent rust, clime mountains, find high ground, and cover your sent from the brain eating *******s. This should not be your only plan in an zombie infestation, but you should always keep several options on the table. A vehicle would be the first step of a evacuation from an infected area. You would only want to use it to get out of a major city and make it to a relatively rural zone where you can take a high vantage point. Remember always be prepared.

collage1.jpg

S7303498.jpg

S7303485.jpg

S7303484.jpg

S7303473.jpg

EDIT: I don't have time to make rules and such for membership so if any one want to be in Team ZAPV just pick a number (except 1-3)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

i ment cars like these :D
nascar_transformers_48front.jpg

IMG_5444.jpg

i only have side mounted turrets :(

might join soon i honestly love all the trucks on here

had my eye on nice matte black finish for a while now so yea..

p.s.

can i have the infinity symbol as my number lol ?

i like to stand out lol

but if you rather a number (which i totally respect )

itll be 1911

(side arm is m1911)

i like to stand out lol

but if you rather a number (which i totally respect )

itll be 1911

(side arm is m1911)

well you tell me which you prefer. or both? I put you on the list under "infinity symbol" earlier...so you decide

Hmm... there has to be a way tol make that symbol...

To a real computer!

Hmm... there has to be a way tol make that symbol...

To a real computer!

i googled it, went to wikipedia, copied, pasted. lol and teachers always told me not to use wikipedia XD

Well done!

(especially since I'm still not using a real comp)

hey i was showing my friend this thread and he wants to get # 110 if thats ok his handle is deputy dog

hey i was showing my friend this thread and he wants to get # 110 if thats ok his handle is deputy dog

what's he drive (if it isn't an ex)?

WELL I really liked this whole idea of Zombie evil rising and give the Armed Forces target practice our TTPs will change quickly!

well you tell me which you prefer. Or both? I put you on the list under "infinity symbol" earlier...so you decide

lol

deputy dog drives a 1996 explorer. he is going to paint it with bed liner as soon as we get the body work done. he thought your ex was awesome.we got him registered today. he did not know this site existed.

don't know if everyone is aware of this . the cdc has added a zombie preparation guide site to there official website. here is the link http://www.cdc.gov/phpr/zombies.htm

just in case you were wondering about zombies

5 Scientific Reasons why a Zombie Apocalypse Could Actually Happen...

#5. Brain Parasites

Parasites that turn victims into mindless, zombie-like slaves are fairly common in nature. There's one called toxoplasmosa gondii that seems to devote its entire existence to being terrifying.

This bug infects rats, but can only breed inside the intestines of a cat. The parasite knows it needs to get the rat inside the cat (yes, I realize this sounds like the beginning of the weirdest Dr. Seuss poem ever) so the parasite takes over the rat's brain, and intentionally makes it scurry toward where the cats hang out. The rat is being programmed to get itself eaten, and it doesn't even know.

#4. Neurotoxins

There are certain kinds of poisons that slow your bodily functions to the point that you'll be considered dead, even to a doctor (okay, maybe not to a good doctor). The poison from fugu (Japanese blowfish) can do this.

The victims can then be brought back under the effects of a drug like datura stramonium (or other chemicals called alkaloids) that leave them in a trance-like state with no memory, but still able to perform simple tasks like eating, sleeping, moaning and shambling around with their arms outstretched.

#3. The Real Rage Virus

In the movie, it was a virus that turned human beings into mindless killing machines. In real life, we have a series of brain disorders that do the same thing. They were never contagious, of course. Then, Mad Cow Disease came along. It attacks the cow's spinal cord and brain, turning it into a stumbling, mindless attack cow.

#2. Neurogenesis

You know all that controversy out there about stem cell research? Well, the whole thing with stem cells is that they can basically be used to re-generate dead cells. Particularly of interest to zombologists is neurogenesis, the method by which they can re-grow dead brain tisssue.

#1. Nanobots

Nanobots are a technology that science apparently engineered to make you terrified of the future. We're talking about microscopic, self-replicating robots that can invisibly build--or destroy--anything. Vast sums of money are being poured into nanotechnology. Sure, at some level scientists know nanobots will destroy mankind. They just can't resist seeing how it happens.

Scientists have already created a nano-cyborg, by fusing a tiny silicone chip to a virus. The first thing they found out is these cyborgs can still operate for up to a month after the death of the host. Notice how nano scientists went right for zombification, even at this early stage. They know where the horror is.

According to studies, within a decade they'll have nanobots that can crawl inside your brain and set up neural connections to replace damaged ones. That's right. the nanobots will be able to rewire your thoughts.

just a few reasons you should
Be afraid .........be very afraid

Pulled up along side of 2-stripe on 95 in MD (This was last year) Have not forgotten it since and decided to google zapv. Well here I am. I have even mentioned the Zapv on the MDpreparedness forum earlier this year.
I could not figure out how to PM 2-stripe,,, so this is an open invite for him/and others to stop by mdpreparedness and chat.
We have a rather large contingent of similarly not normal people :)

Pulled up along side of 2-stripe on 95 in MD (This was last year) Have not forgotten it since and decided to google zapv. Well here I am. I have even mentioned the Zapv on the MDpreparedness forum earlier this year.
I could not figure out how to PM 2-stripe,,, so this is an open invite for him/and others to stop by mdpreparedness and chat.
We have a rather large contingent of similarly not normal people :)

welcome to the site!

deputy dog drives a 1996 explorer. he is going to paint it with bed liner as soon as we get the body work done. he thought your ex was awesome.we got him registered today. he did not know this site existed.

oh-stop-it-you-240x180.png

my truck isn't all that great

and great going getting him in the know about EF!

Back