Truckhaven for T-day -Nov 23-26 | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Truckhaven for T-day -Nov 23-26

I'd love to go.
It's been a real long season, and I need to get out and play! Deffinantly don't want to be the only stocker though, so I might need to borrow a seat, if someone would be so kind.:)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Boomer, there is pretty good chance there will be open seats.

I found my d44 socket today, so I'll bring that along. I also cleaned up the froader's shaft so I don't get grease all over the truck..

Got the front wiring done, just need to do a cleanup and bundling. Painted the front half. Put a pretty good crack in the windshield, so it's finished off; off comes the windshield (need to make a temp rear-view window mount). Got low beam, high beam headlights, turn signals, and rock lights in place. Replaced all the front tie rods, need to just lube them up.

Tomorrow, I'm going to work on the hood latch (it's off by 1/4"), and clean some things up.

Tomorrow, I'm going to work on the hood latch (it's off by 1/4"), and clean some things up.
Still got a hood on the Sammy? You pretty much took everything else off already.

Still got the hood.

Everything is a GO. :) Got two brackets drying from paint (DV camera, rear view mirror w/map lights). Put the last bolt into a crossmember, just need to lube the tie rod ends (spent an hour aligning the front end; getting the toe right makes a HUGE difference in turning radius)

Rock lights are up and working, all lights up front working (just need to align the low/high beams).

:bounce:

(just need to align the low/high beams).:bounce:
So, tell me again why you need low / high beams when you don't even have a windshield?? Why not just stick some round off road lights in there instead?

So, tell me again why you need low / high beams when you don't even have a windshield?? Why not just stick some round off road lights in there instead?

Actually, they ARE offroad lights. I just get to choose brilliant, or blinding light.. :D

And I do have a spare windshield for it.. It's just BLUE..

thank goodness you maximized your turning radius!!!! hahaha

Have fun out there and be safe

thank goodness you maximized your turning radius!!!! hahaha

Have fun out there and be safe

You mean minimized.

Getting the toe-in right means you also get the smallest possible turning radius on a toyota axle.

I'll be making this run. I'll shoot for Friday at noon arrival as well.

I spent last weekend getting the truck prepped so i should have good luck. Where is the bluff you speak of opposed to the campsite where the Explorer crew has been the last 3 times I have been to Truckhaven?

Jefe, got GPS points?

Up on the bluff to get away from the potential T-day weekend crowd.

Thaven_dir.jpg

Dannyboy, here it is.

Take 86S to Hwy 22, turn right and towards Anza Borrego. When the ground starts to rise right, and you see a small building down on the left, is where the bluff is at. If you get to the microwave tower, you went too far.

Last time I was there, it was better to take the second exit to the right, make a sharp right turn, and follow the path to the east.

thank you Tom. You got a spare tire for your trailer this time, you know I've got your back. I look forward to seeing you guys. It's been 2 years and a different truck. I always end up leaving there with power to 3 wheels, I've got plenty of spare parts this time.

Dannyboy you taking the Autofab truck on Dubs? hell yeah!

thank you Tom. You got a spare tire for your trailer this time, you know I've got your back.

I just got back from the tire store, I am making sure I have a good, functional spare.

Dannyboy you taking the Autofab truck on Dubs? hell yeah!

Those tires are 35.4" tall, I put my 35" MTRs on that are pretty worn down so I could have better clearance. I am good up front but rub in the rear.

This truck has some bad rear brakes with Wilwood parts that are no longer available so I'm going to run it like this and make up my mind with all the parts and trucks I'm starting to collect. I usually break stuff at Truckhaven so it will probably be a deciding factor if I crack my Dana 35 pumpkin in half or damage something else to just make this one solid and dump the white one.

Getting Jefe's truck is starting to look like a better idea every minute.

Ready too go:bounce: Thruck is over at ford right now, I'm having them flush the fluid in the trans, warranty runs out on it next month. Just want to be sure htere are no issues.;)

Fixed a few thing last weekend, moved the rear shocks in on the axle some, tighened up the hinge on the spare gate.....AGAIN:mad: (I really need to just build a new rear bumper already) and Got my new box for my cargo system. Everything in one sucure box now:thumbsup:

I'll be out there Friday about noon or so.

For anyone looking for an open seat, I should have one for the majority of the weekend.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

For anyone looking for an open seat, I should have one for the majority of the weekend.

bring goggles :)

Back