• Register Today It's free!

Planning a lift...PLz share info

thumper

Reaction score
City, State
Mooresville, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 Xplorer Sport
need opinions. looking at a 4in lift by Rough Country for my 93 sport 4wd bc it is cheap and im not the rishest 16 yr old kid. Ill b running 31s on stock rims and didnt kno if they would look too small or b ok to ride around on until i can get some wheels and 33s. Here is a link to the lift... its on ebay, figured id ask around here bc u guys definatly kno alot more about all the brands and the disadvantages and advantages. Suggestons welcome :thumbsup:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/4-lift-kit-83-97-Ford-Ranger-Bronco-II-Explorer_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33585QQihZ017QQitemZ270108766754QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I would send them a message asking about the rear, they claim that the kit comes with blocks and longer ubolts, since explorers are spring under, blocks would lower it, not lift it.

I would send them a message asking about the rear, they claim that the kit comes with blocks and longer ubolts, since explorers are spring under, blocks would lower it, not lift it.

shop around and keep looking.... do you have msn or anything i can give you some pictures of my explorer....im 17.

good plan...

31s will look real small. I'd just wait to put the lift on until you can afford the 33s and put them all on at the same time.

i got 31x12.50x15 pro comp x terrain's and they dont look small i had 33x12.50x15 and they would rub if i hit a big bump and they were all over the place on the freeway. you could put a 32x10.50x15 and that would give a extra heigth and not to wide but a 31x12.5 looks good and doesn't have any issues with rubing

31's look fine on 4 inch lift I coulad send you pics of mine if you want

get some 33's. youll love them

i got 31x12.50x15 pro comp x terrain's and they dont look small i had 33x12.50x15 and they would rub if i hit a big bump and they were all over the place on the freeway. you could put a 32x10.50x15 and that would give a extra heigth and not to wide but a 31x12.5 looks good and doesn't have any issues with rubing

:sigh:

I thought 33s looked small with the 4" lift so that's why I eventually went with 35s. This was also my daily driver for 3 years.

Here is the 4" w/33s and no rubbing issues.

1600explorerlift33.jpg

thx alot for all the input. i will talk with the ebay seller to see watsup.

to froader: the pic u posted is exactly the look im going for... jus medium lift.

to seakay: yes i would appreciate any pics of 1st gen ex's with 4" lifts

to schmidlkofer: i do not have msn but my aol is: db boarder15

thx again

Another of my pics with 33s but with glass fenders up front. Even thses look small.

1600colinexplorer.jpg

enough for me =], wen ure funds are limited ur not picy haha

yeah

yeah I only have 31"s Iwant 33 or 35, not sure what will fit yet.
the x has cost me enough already I want to play with the tracker.
the lift finally cost 1200, but now I'm dealing with alignment prob.
It was told to me that a lift over 5 in. might be cheaper.
I'm at 26 1/2 in from road to bottom bumper.
27 is the max legally in ohio for front
are you wanting a body lift or susp. lift

A body lift doesn't do anything for you performance wise, except give you more clearance.

35s will fit in the back with no modifications, but the front will need to be clearanced or put glass fenders like I did.

1600rubicon2.jpg

1600rubicon1.jpg

Where'd you find your glass fenders btw?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back