Spas got BULLITTS >:D | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Spas got BULLITTS >:D

Hey, gang! Bet you were expecting to see pics of my new 2001 GT grey spoke Bullitts, huh? No dice just yet, but since you're already here, maybe you can help me answer a few questions :D

I won them off of a 2001 Gt Mustang on ebay for a ridiculously low price (They're used, but I won't tell you how much I paid because there might be a few jealous 'bullitts' launched at my head, lol) They're 17x8 and I need to hunt down some sporty tires for them. It'll be three weeks before I can post pics for everybody to see, and for that I'm sorry, but it gives me a few weeks to get everything together to get them on the truck. On to the HELP ME PLEASE section:

1) Am I gonna need spacers? My truck's only dropped an inch up front

2) Is this going to mess up my speedo?

3) I need to get stick on wheel weights, and put them inSIDE the rims to keep it clean looking, right?
This one's probably the most important:

4) What tires should I get? I need good snow, water, and mud traction, with sporty handling. I also want to keep the overall TIRE size as close to the 255/70 that I have now..by that I mean that I want a good bit of sidewall (I hate the idea of low profile tires on my ride with all that wheelwell space) Michelin? Pirelli? What???

5) Any stress on steering, suspension, or other components that I should be worried about?

6) How much do you think book value is on my premium factory rims with goodyear ATS's (that still have 80% of their tread left)? They're in pretty decent shape for 4 year old rims...

Thanks guys, you all are priceless when it comes to helping out fellow Explorians!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just for a bigger set of bullitts, that's all. Speaking of, I kinda have to put those 18's on hold if I want to have Exploder #3 ready for Crozet *sigh. reminds self to buy lotto ticket*. At least it gives me time to research and see if I can possibly get custom bullitts made with more backspacing for the rear and less width up front. Fooey.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Anybody interested in buying a set of 4 nicely used Bullitts with brand new 255/55r17 Hankook performance tires for $500??? Will take pics if requested :cool:

Now what are you up too?:popcorn:

Mwahahaha :D Gimmie a week and all shall be revealed! I'm celebrating the anniversary of Carlisle the same way I started it: With new sneakers for Blackjack ;)

Don't put Black Jack on his side while rolling over a speed bump. :D

I hope she finally realized she should have 17's on her STREET TRUCK, not her froader. :D

I hope she finally realized she should have 17's on her STREET TRUCK, not her froader. :D

Bah, don't be hatin' just cuz you have the exact same tire size as 99.94576276252 % of every other wheeler out there :D

1174329819-408403865_f1a1fbbd2c.b.jpg

Acually im glad to know all of my tires cost as much as one of yours, I will have a billion times more easier finding a spare on the trail from someone else incase I need one and I can write messages on my huge sidewall. :D

I always thought the Bullitts to be too small for my taste, and when I saw these beauties on Ebay for a great deal I jumped on the opportunity.

20x8.5 and 20x10 Foose Nitrous grey's with Toyo Proxes 255/55 & 295/45's :D
(Don't ask, the sizes actually work really well)

I'll get better pics once it's nice outside and I have the time to clean all the rainwater off Jack :cool:

DSCN1521_Small_.jpg

DSCN1693_Small_.jpg

DSCN2009_Small_.jpg

0527071437_Small_.jpg

DSCN1989_Small_1.jpg

SICKENING! :cool:

That does look nice especially like the license plate frame on Blackjack:thumbsup:

Thank for the compliments :)

Evan, can I have your motor? :D ;) Seriously, I have a 302/ 4r70w sitting in a bay here at work, I'm just too broke to start rebuilding them :( I am really looking forward to the day when I can change my license plate frame to "5.0 liter Chevy Eater".

My brakes are ridiculously puny, too... I'd like to figure out how to make some Cobra rotors and 2 or 4 piston calipers fit someday.

Thank for the compliments :)

Evan, can I have your motor? :D ;) Seriously, I have a 302/ 4r70w sitting in a bay here at work, I'm just too broke to start rebuilding them :( I am really looking forward to the day when I can change my license plate frame to "5.0 liter Chevy Eater".

My brakes are ridiculously puny, too... I'd like to figure out how to make some Cobra rotors and 2 or 4 piston calipers fit someday.

Well, after I posted that I was hoping you didn't take offense. Didn't want you to take it the wrong way- that is a sweet ass sport for sure.

You really don't want my motor, its got 130k +. I am starting to look for a block to build for a spare to swap in in about 30k.

Its strange, your brakes are the same size as mine, they are just dwarfed by those huge wheels. Not all that bad of a problem, IMO.

Well, after I posted that I was hoping you didn't take offense. Didn't want you to take it the wrong way- that is a sweet ass sport for sure.

You really don't want my motor, its got 130k +. I am starting to look for a block to build for a spare to swap in in about 30k.

Its strange, your brakes are the same size as mine, they are just dwarfed by those huge wheels. Not all that bad of a problem, IMO.

No offense taken, I really DO wanna get that v8 in, lol. I'd just prefer to do it once it's been stroked and rebuilt, although I wonder if my budget will ever allow for it. The motor I picked up was from a wrecked Jersey '99 XLT that had 230,000 very hard miles on it, you sure you don't wanna trade? ;)

Attachments

• DSCN1486 (Small).JPG
    DSCN1486 (Small).JPG
    53.2 KB · Views: 306

Yeah, a rebuild is in order for sure. Building/Rebuilding 302's isn't cheap, but worth it. I mean, that ^^^ has 200k+, a testament to how good of motors they are.

I think I am going to go the 331 route when the time comes for me. :)

Yeah, a rebuild is in order for sure. Building/Rebuilding 302's isn't cheap, but worth it. I mean, that ^^^ has 200k+, a testament to how good of motors they are.

I think I am going to go the 331 route when the time comes for me. :)

uh huh you go the 331 route then afterwards ur gonna be wanting a 347:p:

uh huh you go the 331 route then afterwards ur gonna be wanting a 347:p:

The 347 is a lot of motor, I got to drive Jtsmith's and it will put you right back into your seat, after it finally hooks up:D and he's got his limited to around 60% throttle.

The 347 is a lot of motor, I got to drive Jtsmith's and it will put you right back into your seat, after it finally hooks up:D and he's got his limited to around 60% throttle.

mmMmMmm... 347....ahhh..... Lol. Seriously, if you guys had a choice, what would you go with: a 331 (for reliability), 331 + supercharger, or 347?

Back