• Register Today It's free!

detailed the expo today..

Oxygen

Reaction score
City, State
USA
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 XLT
yep.. me and my buddy did it, took like 5 hours to do.. claybar the whole truck, wax, glaze etc... he was usin a nice porter cable for the buffer, and then the orbital for the insulator wax .... came out really good, my rims match my paint now lol... here are the pics::

IMG_2444.jpg

IMG_2445.jpg

IMG_2447.jpg

IMG_2451.jpg

IMG_2453.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

that looks awesome...how much would you charge to make mine shine like that...:D
ac001ra6.jpg

those wheels are killer that X is so shiny and smooth u don't need a mirror anymore :D really digging the stealthy appearence of the all black

thanks guys..

a few more pics i took today::

IMG_2462.jpg

IMG_2463.jpg

IMG_2466.jpg

IMG_2472.jpg

IMG_2474.jpg

:nono:you know you should'nt take pictures while driving:nono::D

Damn, that thing even looks better in these pics...:D

thats one badass explorer!!! good job, makes me wanna go for the lowered look

looks good man. Werent your rims originally chrome? How much did they cost to get painted

Sick Explorer man

Any tips on how to re-new the plastic on the fenders? mines faded somewhat.

Any tips on how to re-new the plastic on the fenders? mines faded somewhat.

i painted the plastic on my bumpers with Krylon Fusion. when i wash it i spray some turtle wax Ice on them and it seems to look pretty nice. there are some black restorers i have seen. like Back to Black. you could try some of that too.

i like the black rims alot better!

yupp.. used to be chrome, they started to flake so i decided to get them done black.. $500 thru a local shop for the paint on the wheels

Looks very, very, nice. Are your rims painted or powder coated? I would like to make mine 2 toned black and chrome.

Chad

they are painted

Back