My labor Day | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My labor Day

yep.jpg

Taken after it rained/it was overcast :)

First I scrubbed the wheels/rims then moved onto the lower bodytrim/running boards and used simple green.

Next I washed regularly and dryed using Microfiber waffleweave towel (Got at www.pakshak.com)

Then I clayed the car(took out a lot of dirt/bonded crap) with Clay Magic (www.clay-magic.com)

After that I removed all of the swirls/light scratches with a buffer using Meguiars Swirl Free Polish (www.meguiars.com in the professional section)

Then I used Clearkotes Vanilla Moose as a Glaze (www.clearkote.net) it works soooo nice

After that I used Carpolishes Final Polish (smells yummy)

And finally my choice of wax..S100 Paste Wax, it can be purchased at most harley dealerships and if you dont want to bother with all the other things I've done before the wax (vanilla moose, final polish) you can you the Shine Enhancing Paint Cleaner followed by the S100 PASTE WAX. Works great and will not leave any dust/white residue

Im a professional detailer so ask away :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hard to believe she is almost ten years old

WOW!!! It looks awesome!!!! Congrats!!!

ice truck looks good. i love using simple green

um WOW:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

only if my 1st gen shined thatgood, but if it did i would never offroad it

PEACE

how much does a full detail usily cost ??
from a professional ??

PEACE

If you want a full detail by a good professional on an SUV youre looking at ~150 using the same products/processes i did. Ive only gone offroad a few times in my truck and it really scratched some parts on the paint but using the Meguiars Polish really buffed them out, paint is like glass now :)

Did you polish your rims?? I think it might be better to put a coat of protection against any brake dust sticking onto it.

nope, i wash my car every week and a half so there is minimal brake dust, i use left over car wash to clean them because some of the wheel cleaners out there break down the clearcoat on some rims

Back