Front end work | Page 13 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Front end work

:ttiwwp:

hehe had to join the chorus :p:

even tho this thread/project is moving along quite quickly .:thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ok, here's a pic

IMG_3596Medium.jpg

LOL that's too funny. here a different view with Boomer12 standing in for RJ :D

942988-R1-02-1A_003.jpg

pics schmicks. but i ddi find out that if the coilovers don't flex enough, i can move up the rings that adjust when the stiffer spring starts so that it only runs on the soft coil. then adjust it back down when going to glamis.

never! im not doing anymore updates. but now that posted a reply, you guys will see i posted and think i have updates, ha.

awww c'mon Winter Jr. keep those updates coming :D

ok here's an update. i have a paper due tomorrow morning and i still need to write two more pages to it. :(

ok, pass side is done. the driver side is tacked but its at my friends place and he'll be out of town for a few days. so the driver beam should be done on sunday, then i just need to set up the tabs for c/o's

131.jpg
132.jpg

beams012.jpg

still needs more welding

133.jpg
134.jpg
135.jpg

So with 4 days till truckhaven, you think it should be done by friday? :)

if i quit qork and school, then yes. hopefuly by friday, if not then by saturday. but im gonna be pulling some more 1:30am fab sesh's like tonight

beams027.jpg

beams029.jpg

beams028.jpg

and of course im going for the record of taking the front end on and off, so here it is off again :D

beams030.jpg

it is a coilover, i just took the springs out for mock up. and not really, the camburg setup has coilovers and bypasses, which is really hard to do. im still trying to figure out how to get all the hoses and wires out of the way for coilovers.

oh and if anyone is gonna ask why my tabs are so big, i don't really know. they seemed smaller when i made templets but then i didn't feel like trimming them down.

About those coilovers and bypasses, and this is just out of curiousity -- do they take the valving out of the coilovers so that suspension damping is controlled only by the triple bypass? Or do they keep the valving out of the coilover and kind of take both shocks into consideration when tuning?

i would assume the vavle bothe to work with eachother and have some sort of damping in the coilover to keep the bypass cooler

I like that pic.. I bet your neighbors just love you...

btw.. be careful with those sparks (your not far from the garage)

This last weekend we were building a skid plate for my RA bracket (I bent the heck out of my old ones) and the person that was helping me (he welds) caught himself on fire not once.. but twice.. (grinder sparks)..

I told him next time I was going to put him out with a hose, even if he was still grinding (it took him a while to notice the front of his shirt was on fire).

~Mark

yeah that picture was after midnight too :rolleyes: ive got some holes in my jacket from the sparks.

here look you can see, they're full coilovers

beams020.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I thought you were going with SAWs. What caused you to go to King instead?

Back