My '02 Eddie Bauer. 265/75/16

STNGADC

Reaction score
City, State
Norfolk, Va
Year, Model & Trim Level
'02 Eddie Bauer
Here she is.

Pretty stock right now except for the 265/75/16 Nitto Terra Grapplers that just went on this afternoon, bull bar, K&N filter, ceramic brake pads, sony mp3 cd player, and Xenon headlight bulbs rated at 7000k!

I have ordered RoadBully's 3" Lift, that should be shipping out tomorrow and should be on within about 2 weeks or so!!!

expynewtires1.jpg

expynewtires2.jpg

expynewtires3.jpg

expynewtires4.jpg

...and sorry for the quality...they were taken with my phone.:rolleyes:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks good man. You hear a tonne of positive things about Terra Grapplers. The 3" lift will look great... especially if you get rid of the running boards. 2" at the back and 3" at the back would be ideal IMO... but some people prefer the front lower.

You going with the spacers hes selling or the actual Ranger body lift he used?

Looks good man. You hear a tonne of positive things about Terra Grapplers. The 3" lift will look great... especially if you get rid of the running boards. 2" at the back and 3" at the back would be ideal IMO... but some people prefer the front lower.

You going with the spacers hes selling or the actual Ranger body lift he used?

I went with the spacers, i will be the first one with a powdercoated set! :D

The tires are as quiet on the highway as the michelins i had!:eek:

Ex looks Great Jon,
Going to pick your spacers up today at 10AM from being powdercoated.
Can't wait to ship them out to ya.

Ben.

looks good is that hids on ur eddie

No, they're just xenon bulbs.

Seeing mine is a similar colour, I thought this was a good thread to throw my pics into.

Here it is with 265/75/16 Hercules Terra Trac A/W tyres. I was after the Terra Trac A/Ts, but apparently they are not available from the distributor in Oz just yet (they are a fairly new tyre - the distributor has only just got the MR IVs), so maybe next time I need new ones.

I need to get some new hub adapters - the 1" ones don't fit with the 16s, so will be getting some 1.5" ones to sit the tyres out a bit more, but even like this, it looks pretty good, IMHO. Rims will be painted black once the weather warms up in a few months.

After:
2657516_After_2.jpg

And before:
2657516_Before.jpg

Another After shot (just to erase that before shot from your memory):
2657516_After_1.jpg

You paint the calipers yourself? Close-up pics??

Yep. I used a $2 can of "Export" paint about 12 months ago, and they're still as good as gold. With callipers, if they get hot enough to melt paint, then you have bigger things to worry about (like a distinct lack of braking ability). The important thing id to clean them properly. I used "brake kleen", then scrubbed with a wire brush, then rinsed with soapy water, then fresh water, then primed with etch primer, then normal primer/surfacer, then $2 can of red top coat. I didn't bother to clear coat, though you could. most expensive bit was the brake kleen at about $10 for a can, but all up cost was $12 for all 4 callipers. Oh, and I used a plastic bag to protect the discs.

All a bit O/T, but i guess it adds to the overall look of the truck. Springs are yellow, BTW, but they come that way from the manufacturer (King Springs - an Australian Spring manufacturer.)

this is the only close up shot i have of the callipers:
31-Front_Brakes.jpg

JCUZ,
Nice Ex from down under!:thumbsup:

JCUZ,
Nice Ex from down under!:thumbsup:

Thanks - it's getting there slowly. Wish we got the EBs here, but AFAIK, from 2000 onwards, we only got the XLT and Limited versions. Yours is also a nice looking rig - love the colour

love how they look..i have the same size but mine don't look as big :(
P8030075.jpg

You'd have 265/70/17 - so smaller sidewall and on 7.5" rim. Mine are on 16 x 7 inch rim, so larger sidewall (75) and they balloon more making them look bigger I think. I had the choice between the 17s and the 16s, and went for 16s because of the extra bulk they give.

Went to the beach this weekend to try out the new Nitto's! :D

They did great! Very little to no spinning, handled the ruts as they should, and even had the X cruising through the soft stuff when a lifted F-150 was buried to the frame rails! lol:exporange

expybeach1.jpg

expybeach2.jpg

expybeach3.jpg

expybeach5.jpg

expybeach6.jpg

expybeach7.jpg

Oh and i also put in some 8000k xenon bulbs in for the high's and fog's right before i left...

expyhighbeams.jpg

expyfogs.jpg

Beach looks like fun, most of our beaches up here are pretty rocky.

Seeing mine is a similar colour, I thought this was a good thread to throw my pics into.

Here it is with 265/75/16 Hercules Terra Trac A/W tyres. I was after the Terra Trac A/Ts, but apparently they are not available from the distributor in Oz just yet (they are a fairly new tyre - the distributor has only just got the MR IVs), so maybe next time I need new ones.

I need to get some new hub adapters - the 1" ones don't fit with the 16s, so will be getting some 1.5" ones to sit the tyres out a bit more, but even like this, it looks pretty good, IMHO. Rims will be painted black once the weather warms up in a few months.

After:
2657516_After_2.jpg

What type of lights do you have mounted on your bull bar? Do they light up the highway better then the high beams? Would you recommend them? I hate to get off track on the thread, but I am getting no Love in the Performance Light thread.

My ex is done...for a while atleast! lol

Got the calipers painted, my RoadBully 3" lift on, and Yakima rack stickered up! :D

excalipers1.jpg

excalipers2.jpg

expylifted2.jpg

hrv2.jpg

Sweet, Looks Great!
Just gotta go playin with it now ;)
Need some off-road shots.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My ex is done...for a while atleast! lol

Got the calipers painted, my RoadBully 3" lift on, and Yakima rack stickered up! :D
The front looks great, but what's happened at the back? Looks like the front part of the tyre is waaaaay too close to the bodywork - is that just the effect of raising it? Looks like you might need new longer (not by much) trailing arms to counter the new suspension geometry on the back.

Love how the front looks though - I plan on getting 1.5" spacers to put on mine, to make it nice and level (I'm happy with the rear height at approx 530mm/21" from rim centre to guard).

Oh, last thing, would you mind measuring the ride height from centre of the wheel to the guard on both front and back - just so I can compare to mine and see if I should actually go for bigger spacers.

Back