My '02 Eddie Bauer. 265/75/16 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My '02 Eddie Bauer. 265/75/16

The front looks great, but what's happened at the back? Looks like the front part of the tyre is waaaaay too close to the bodywork - is that just the effect of raising it? Looks like you might need new longer (not by much) trailing arms to counter the new suspension geometry on the back.

Love how the front looks though - I plan on getting 1.5" spacers to put on mine, to make it nice and level (I'm happy with the rear height at approx 530mm/21" from rim centre to guard).

Oh, last thing, would you mind measuring the ride height from centre of the wheel to the guard on both front and back - just so I can compare to mine and see if I should actually go for bigger spacers.

Yeah, that's actually the same spacing in the rear everyone seems to have that lifts these things, coils springs or my spacers... I have never had that area rub, but it does look Odd, and off center in the rear.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yeah, that's actually the same spacing in the rear everyone seems to have that lifts these things, coils springs or my spacers... I have never had that area rub, but it does look Odd, and off center in the rear.

If the EX is levellled... it seems to not look quite as off center and close in the rear wheel well though. The forward lean adds to the look that it is very close at the front of the rear tire.

I noticed on ours today that the gap to the front is smaller too - not as pronounced as yours though. More reason for me to only get the front done.

I noticed on ours today that the gap to the front is smaller too - not as pronounced asa yours though. more reason for me to only get the front done.

My thought exactly..

The front looks great, but what's happened at the back? Looks like the front part of the tyre is waaaaay too close to the bodywork - is that just the effect of raising it? Looks like you might need new longer (not by much) trailing arms to counter the new suspension geometry on the back.

Love how the front looks though - I plan on getting 1.5" spacers to put on mine, to make it nice and level (I'm happy with the rear height at approx 530mm/21" from rim centre to guard).

Oh, last thing, would you mind measuring the ride height from centre of the wheel to the guard on both front and back - just so I can compare to mine and see if I should actually go for bigger spacers.

Mine has always had an odd gap in the rear, look at the pics at the beginning of the thread you can see it there even more. Possibly from the larger tires?

I did a fixed mount for my gps. Keeps it out of sight and still pops off the mount to lock it up!

expygps.jpg

Sorry it took so long to get back to you!

The front is 37.5" from the ground to the guard and 22.5" from the center of the wheel to the guard.

The rear is 39" from the ground to the guard and 24" from the center of the wheel to the guard.

Sorry it took so long to get back to you!

The front is 37.5" from the ground to the guard and 22.5" from the center of the wheel to the guard.

The rear is 39" from the ground to the guard and 24" from the center of the wheel to the guard.

No worries. Thanks for that - gives me something to work with.

Back