Winch mount is done! | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Winch mount is done!

9,000 lbs.

Shackles will be 13,000 lbs. Should be stout. :cool:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Damn..

How much would a 9k winch be worth? I seen a 2k one for 80$ at Shucks.. I kinda want one.. [Coulda saved me a lot of time and bs a few times..]

Love the winch. Looks badass

looks great! i love the idea of sleeving the frame like that!
are you going to add any more protection to the front end or leave it as is?

That looks sweet. That front frame looks BEEFY. Love the shackle mounts.

Damn..

How much would a 9k winch be worth? I seen a 2k one for 80$ at Shucks.. I kinda want one.. [Coulda saved me a lot of time and bs a few times..]

$400-$950 depending on brand.

Here's a crappy daylight cell-phone pic.

Ordered the shackles today. Along with same 6" Pro Comp 130 watt lights to build the bumper around. :cool:

Attachments

• wincher.jpg
    wincher.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 17,061

You need to order a new synthetic winch line too.. Got to get some of that pink stuff on there!

You need to order a new synthetic winch line too.. Got to get some of that pink stuff on there!

is the synthetic as strong as cable?

attachment.php

where oh where does one get such a nice piece of metal?

x2 -- ur going to mill down that hawse fairlead on an angled pull with that steel cable.

is the synthetic as strong as cable?

Lighter, no snap back when it breaks, easier to spool back on, no coiling/wrap problem.

Mucho better.

Is $270 about the going price for the 3/8" x 100'?

where did you get the winch plate thingy jobber?

thanks!! this is a wonderful time and age we live in, just saved me 50% of the work!

Winch mount is perfect Section....... I wish my BII had that much room up front!

How come it doesn't? You'd think it would.......

I have 3" between bumper and rock guard, then 1/4" to trans cooler behind that

I installed a big ass radiator thats why it doesnt and my bumper is right up against the FLAT grill, great approach angle bad for hiding winch.

I will be moving things around and hiding the winch anyways, I dont want to cut my grill!

I used to be like that... I didn't want to drill or cut a single thing on my truck......... that went out the window... lol

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I do both, cut here, cut there, then make it look factory again....

its all about to go out the windows with the BII, even the windows! LOL
phase III coming

Back