01-05 Sport Trac 4x4 Lift Options Discussion | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

01-05 Sport Trac 4x4 Lift Options Discussion

thanks. but yours looks okay with the 3 inch body lift and everything? just still a little lower in the front on yours?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

3" Body Lift, SOA, Warrior shackles, and no front suspension lift. Please note that this is when my truck had flared fiberglass fenders.

4107ef03170002.jpg

thanks. your truck is pretty awesome. why is the front bumper off your truck in the second picture? could you not clear the tires with the front bumper attached?

thanks. your truck is pretty awesome. why is the front bumper off your truck in the second picture? could you not clear the tires with the front bumper attached?
I just like it cut.

oh. thanks. i got ya. do you think the tires would fit with the front bumper still attached?

s it hard to modify the mounting brackets on a brushguard to enable a body lift to fit properly?

oh. thanks. i got ya. do you think the tires would fit with the front bumper still attached?
Probably not. But, I really don't know because I trimmed my bumper before I put on my 35" tires.

Feb. 2002...

02250005.JPG

02250002.JPG

Ok, here's some info on my SOA conversion that I did in March 2003.
I was really motivated to get this done, since RockRanger had so much fun out at Truckhaven 2003 getting me high centered. :shoot:

So here's what I did to achieve what I did. You can do yours differently. But, mine will give you knowledge of the basics.

Edit - I just found this link for some 8.8 perches for only $30
http://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com....html?osCsid=47f89af0f502a5ed54688d9220e771b0

Here's my picture taken recently. You may need a tendinitis shot after looking at my rusty truck.

soa001.jpg

soa002.jpg

soa003.jpg

soa004.jpg

how did you make those clamps ? and you said get a longer brake line from the frame? that wouldn't help with the t connector or how would it

ok. thanks. is that your trac with the 3 inch body lift?

ok. thanks. is that your trac with the 3 inch body lift?
Yes, that was my Sport Trac with 3" body lift and Warrior Shackles with the stock tires and wheels. Those were taken about 3 days before I bought 35" Goodyear MT/R tires and 15x10 steel wheels.

sweet. did you buy any gap guards, or did it not really need them?

and what is a 4 inch superRock lift? i thought earlier you said that you didnt have a lift on the front?

sweet. did you buy any gap guards, or did it not really need them?
The Sport Trac does not need gap guards.

Side shot...

02250004.jpg

does anyone know if 285/75R16 BFG m/t's will fit on a ST with 2 inch shackles in the rear, and a 2 inch TT up front?

does anyone know if 285/75R16 BFG m/t's will fit on a ST with 2 inch shackles in the rear, and a 2 inch TT up front?

Yea thats what I'm running. Just be prepared to trim the front fender well.
I got my Body lift in today so when I get time to install it in the next couple of weeks I'm gonna twist the front back down and let the shackles down also to soften the ride back up.
They ride pretty stiff with a TT.

ok. thanks. was there a lot of trimming required on the front fender well? or just a little bit?

ok. thanks. was there a lot of trimming required on the front fender well? or just a little bit?

I would say moderate, it doesnt look bad at all afterward.

oh. ok. if i install aftermarket shocks, such as rancho or another brand, will this increase the ride quality loss from the TT?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

oh. ok. if i install aftermarket shocks, such as rancho or another brand, will this increase the ride quality loss from the TT?

No not really, but its real easy and cheap to do. It can be reversed also so just give it a shot and see what you think, thats the best way!

Back