Show us your custom bumper photos!! | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Show us your custom bumper photos!!

what size tubing are you guys using for a pre-runner style front bumper?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Guess I've never posted mine up.

Front.
P1000077.jpg

TurboBIV001.jpg

TurboBIV002.jpg

Rear.
TurboBIV003.jpg

TurboBIV005.jpg

2009_0514newbumper0001.jpg

2009_0514newbumper0003.jpg

Just got the rear bumper at last, have had the steel for about 6 months just have not had any time, a couple of back up lights and hang the jack and it will be complete

love all the custom work shown here has given me great ideas. i start work on mine soon. but question is where does everyone get their rear bumper hinges for the swing gates? ie spare tire gas tank swing gates.

Most use weld on trailer spindles

Hey i wanted to know where you buy that bumper.

Ahh funny thing im freshing up my bumper at the moment. Stopping for dinner and then back to work

my swingout bumper in progress

this is my first "big" welding project, so go easy
it is still not done, work and home projects are ahead of this one
it is made out of 2.5"x2.5"x1/4" tubing, 2"x4"x1/4" tubing and 3/16" plate for the top peice. i need to get pics of the finished full width top plate, end caps, rockstomper hinge, and tow hooks
pics

IMG00150-20090715-1100.jpg

IMG00151-20090715-1100.jpg

oh and heres the front, i cant take the credit for this one
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=250108
IMG00163-20090725-1705.jpg

that rear bumper looks pretty good. cap the ends of the tubes, and it will look killer!

Wow, some really interesting pictures. I looked for the Ranger front bumper but the one website did not show any Ranger front bumpers. Any idea which Ranger bumper would best fit a 2001 Explorer??? Not sure I want to do anything with the rear bumper, where would you put the Reverse Sensors??
Mine is a Limited. :D LOL....

this is my first "big" welding project, so go easy
it is still not done, work and home projects are ahead of this one
it is made out of 2.5"x2.5"x1/4" tubing, 2"x4"x1/4" tubing and 3/16" plate for the top peice. i need to get pics of the finished full width top plate, end caps, rockstomper hinge, and tow hooks
pics

IMG00150-20090715-1100.jpg

IMG00151-20090715-1100.jpg

oh and heres the front, i cant take the credit for this one
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=250108
IMG00163-20090725-1705.jpg

lookin good..... now ya just need to come over to Turkey Bay so we can see it in person:thumbsup:

l8r, John

lookin good..... now ya just need to come over to Turkey Bay so we can see it in person:thumbsup:

l8r, John

thanks
i am working on it. i need to hurry up so i can get some fishing in while i am there

downsized_0705091756a.jpg
this is one that i made it is for sale $250 obo

Here is my bumper it has been on here for over a year and some more. it was hand built by me and a buddy
stuck-6.jpg

flex4.jpg

30743front-new-bump.jpg

Here is the updated version of the bumper. No wheeling shots yet.

New_Bumper_Side_Pic.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Here is the updated version of the bumper. No wheeling shots yet.

New_Bumper_Side_Pic.jpg

bring it to Turkey Bay on the 12-13th and i'll take some wheeling shots of it:thumbsup:

l8r, John:cool:

Back