Show us your custom bumper photos!! | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Show us your custom bumper photos!!

Here is the updated version of the bumper. No wheeling shots yet.
Burns, did you move everything up and back and cut the grill? Do you have a front shot of it? It already looks better from the side. :thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Front TrailReady Ranger bumper 1/8" plate, 1/4" subframe with additional 3"s of surface area to accomodate the 3" BL. About 300lbs with the winch. This was of course before the addiction totally took control...

MountedBumper-012.jpg

Rear is homemade (addiction now taking over), 1/8" plate, 4x4x1/8" box tube for air reservoir (that I don't use).

rearbumperpart7003.jpg

Tire carrier was removed because I'm going to pull the bumper to rework it a little when it gets warm. ;)

rearbumperpart7001.jpg

As it is now (the addiction won, I'm forever lost).

pict0138.jpg

any one know where i can get this bumper

We cut the mounts down on it. They were to long. So the bumper moved back and I cut the winch into the grill.

Bumper_Cutting.JPG

Bumper_cut_down.JPG

Grill_Cut_Out.JPG

Ill have to get a better pic of the cut out. I have a little more to do tho. Turns out one of my tubes is 1" or so longer so the right side needs to be trimmed some.

that rear bumper looks pretty good. cap the ends of the tubes, and it will look killer!

here ya go, and i know i need to go over my welds and get the gaps/holes....like i said i am learning, and i was in a rush to get it on before my vacation. and it needs a better paint job
i wanted to keep it simple, but i am thinking when i do the swingout i will add some pipe/tubing to the left and right side....maybe. just to fill it out more, but with the swingout carrier on it, it may look just fine:dunno:

IMG00206-20090828-1725.jpg

and yes i welded the outside and inside top and bottom of the rockstomper hinge, before i capped off the end
IMG00209-20090828-1726.jpg

The grill will have to be cut when I add the winch. I will add a skidplate for radiator protection and a 2" receiver under the winch plate. But otherwise its done and on the truck.
1 1/2" tube, 1/4" plate, Bud Built winch plate, painted with flat black rattle cans.
0830091917.jpg

0830091923a.jpg

0901091028.jpg

heres my front, rear will be built later. Started with 8x8x.25" tube. Click the link in my sig for more pics and build info.

08-27-09_2156.jpg

Im just throwing this out there someone may be able to help..

I need either bumper brackets made, or dimensions to make some brackets for a 99 Mounty with a 3 inch BL.

I ran out of time at my dads and am now back at Ft Hood without anything to work with..

so where can get a custom front bumper made for my first gen X? jw i dont have easy access to a welder and what not so it makes it hard for me to fab one of my own? let me know or hell even if one of u guys wanna make some cash would ou be will ing to make me one?

not quite done but i can finally add some pics to this thread.

2010_01220015.jpg

2010_01220014.jpg

i know i'd smile if i seen that in my mirror... lol

Might want to upgrade those d-rings... they look tiny.

Here is mine, It's not bulky at all since I've got a 3" body lift, the frame rails are at the very bottom of the bumper. The winch is on a slider and actually sits in the same cradle as Brian1's with the handles cut off. I am currently building a removeable light bar that will use the same power from the winch and will hold 3 lights on a slide-out when the winch is not in place. It's 3/16" steel reinforced with 2" square tubing in the center section.

attachment.php

My hand me down. :D

1-12-2010002-2.jpg

0307101518.jpg

heres mine. what you guys think?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks good.
I've been scouring this thread for the past few days. I am going to be fabbing up a bumper for my 99XLT. All these pics have been great helps. I will post when I get mine done, eventually.

Back