2002+ Offroading Photos Wanted | Page 17 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2002+ Offroading Photos Wanted

that last pic of the pine barrens looks sick ! ive never seen such blue looking water in jersey lol ! cool pic !

Thanks, the picture is kinda deceiving its actually a very light green which is still odd for the pines when most of the water is brown from all the natural iron deposits

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My turn just a little fun Sunday drive with the WIFE screaming at me lol.
PICT0034.jpg

PICT0037.jpg

PICT0041.jpg

this one she is screaming!Look at me smile lol.
PICT0045.jpg

pretty good hill 40 plus degree.
PICT0049.jpg

PICT0050.jpg

PICT0047.jpg

Just how big are your tires? Thats pretty impressive.

Just how big are your tires? Thats pretty impressive.

yes, I would think you might be going through bearings, ball joints and tie rod ends quickly with those sized tires. But they do look great.

Tires are 285-75-16 and to Hitchhikingmike if you are going to play you must pay and no problem with ball joint you must have the right wheels with proper back spacing that help alot 8" rim 0 offset.

No chassis mods, so I'll just stick to the light trails :)

04X20.jpg

04X13.jpg

I feel your pain on the repairs I just had a wheel bearing blow too, and then the trans blew the following week, Im still waiting to get it back :( but I cant complain for having no problems until reaching 172,000 miles but it has put a long term hold on other mods.

I started offroading with my ex last year I ran it completely stock. It used to bottom out on the steep ruts so i decided to lift it. Over the winter I found a set a roadbully spacers on ebay for $150 so i snatched them up and good thing I did because it sounds like roadbully stopped making them. It has been one of the best investments i have made to the truck besides giving it a badass look when paired with 265-75-16 A/T tires it makes this truck unstoppable. During the huge snowstorm we had in jersey this winter I was able to drive though 2' of snow with no problems. I have even driven though water 2 1/2' deep.

Stock:
front.jpg

IMG_1036.jpg

Lifted:
explorer11.jpg

Puddles:
IMG_3968.jpg

Couldn't Be Said Any Better..

I like the 02+ explorers/mountys.

They arent meant for real crazy off-roading, but they are a solid SUV.
They are meant for dirt, sand, water, and basic mud.....not pure bogging.

I mean if you gotta do some trail running, or go thru some water 1 or 2 foot high.....it'll be no problem!

They arent as basic as the 2nd gen explorers or older trucks.
The 3rd Gens have the Luxury/Newschool design over the older trucks. But the 2nd gen's have that adaptability to become a bigger/badder truck easily. The 3rd Gens weren't designed that way.

But they still get the basic job done.......nothing hardcore though(stock)

I only have the AWD v8, and I'd been thru deep water, and sand, and it got thru without missing a beat.

They only do what they are MEANT to do, maybe a little more with modification!!

i officially want bigger tires that are for offroading.. lol, good pics man. (i just dont like the color red, idk why)

RED looks awesome on Explorers... RIP 03 XLS...

i cant waill till my X becomes, my toy, and not my DD :thumbsup:

RED looks awesome on Explorers... RIP 03 XLS...

i cant waill till my X becomes, my toy, and not my DD :thumbsup:

I know what you mean... right now my 04 is "the wife's"
And my 96 well, ive put running boards on it, nice stereo with woofers, extra lights..

but the 04 .. I cant wait for dual exhaust, maybe a lift, nice wheels, bigger tires.. remove the roof rack... black out the grill... oh the list goes on.

just a preview of whats to come. this is just a pic off my phone. i haven't had time to get out with the camera but i will soon.

33774330042_large.jpg

Doesnt any go off road with their 3rd gen anymore?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

heres some old ones I dont think I ever shared. These are from when I was just running a body lift. Snow on the ground shows how old these are...

IMG_0034.jpg

IMG_0184.jpg

trail.jpg

snowbashin.jpg

had to pull over to let another group pass, but a cool pic of the tread!!
IMG_0240.jpg

Back