Off Road Expo 2010 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Off Road Expo 2010

ill probably get there about 930. just because its like right around the corner from me. Depends how long it takes me to go pick up some metal down in placentia

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I belive Zukman and mam, will be there tommrow

ill probably get there about 930. just because its like right around the corner from me. Depends how long it takes me to go pick up some metal down in placentia

...I gave Schorr Metals a description of your truck...They will be closed when they see you coming...:p:

...I gave Schorr Metals a description of your truck...They will be closed when they see you coming...:p:

HAHAHA! howd you know I was going there?? :crazy: hope theyll be open since im getting up at 630 to go there

...I buy my stuff there and I know Baker metals recently closed..;)

Shorr-Sat 7:30am to 11:45am

...They are also having the OC Auto Show in Anaheim...I won't be making either as I am heading south to work on my Ranger..Be sure to take a bunch of pics for the rest of us who aren't going to make it...:D

...I buy my stuff there and I know Baker metals recently closed..;)

...They are also having the OC Auto Show in Anaheim...I won't be making either as I am heading south to work on my Ranger..Be sure to take a bunch of pics for the rest of us who aren't going to make it...:D

oh gotcha :thumbsup: I will im clearing the camera right now :p:

ok everyone, Just got back from the expo and sad to say it was definitely smaller than last years. not that that was a bad thing. all the vendors that actually did attend seemed all-together more friendly and trying to work with customers buying their products. Its hard times for everyone and we all know that. It was only 2 and most of a 3rd buildings plus all the stuff outside.

anyways onto the pics :D

this just made my day but im sure you all should know who this awesome guy is :notworthy got a personalized autograph too! :cool:
DSCN1850.jpg

and his truck
DSCN1849.jpg

cool little tire tread shift knobs
DSCN1847.jpg

DSCN1851.jpg

old school McMillin buggy
DSCN1852.jpg

ok and these axles were EVERYWHERE. all the big names had them. a guy told me he thought they were turned up dana 60s or something like that?:dunno: any input???
DSCN1854.jpg

DSCN1855.jpg

DSCN1857.jpg

Im guessing theyre a Currie product? here it is on one of their vehicles. same as the close up pic right above ^^
DSCN1858.jpg

cool hummer
DSCN1860.jpg

The McNeil Racing booth with loads and LOADS of fiberglass on sale
DSCN1928.jpg

DSCN1861.jpg

McNeil showing off their fab skills.... hahaha
DSCN1862.jpg

DSCN1929.jpg

and of course gotta pay homage to the cool strollers!!! :p:
DSCN1865.jpg

DSCN1866.jpg

A new version of "Big Oly"
DSCN1874.jpg

DSCN1878.jpg

DSCN1881.jpg

And then there was this thing....HOLY C-R-A-P....
DSCN1882.jpg

yes, those are 54's....rockwells, 4 wheel hydraulic steering, triple stick 4 speed, the works. Built by Randy's Offroad in Azusa, CA.
DSCN1885.jpg

DSCN1887.jpg

DSCN1888.jpg

Though this trailer was pretty cool. the entire rack is removable and makes into a flatbed trailer :thumbsup:
DSCN1889.jpg

Some Fiberworks CARBON FIBER fenders for a ranger..
DSCN1890.jpg

And we all remember the twin turbo buckshot from last year. well now they had this one next to it....
DSCN1895.jpg

but this one is supercharged
DSCN1896.jpg

this poor bronco all alone in the back by the Dodge booth :(
DSCN1916.jpg

California 200 memorial :salute:
DSCN1921.jpg

DSCN1922.jpg

Dezert Rangers made it out with their black camburg ranger
DSCN1909.jpg

DSCN1903.jpg

I never realized how small the pro lite trucks were....
DSCN1932.jpg

And of course, the best part!! the free swag!! :)
DSCN1934.jpg

all-in-all it was a good show. and heres the link to my album with the rest of the pictures I took:
http://s903.photobucket.com/albums/ac239/grant00/Off-Road Expo 2010/

Also, I was talking to one of the guys from Radflo shocks and he was telling me about one of their new shocks they had there thats not on their website yet.. Its their coilover or smoothbody "RAW" series they just came out with. its basically their race shock without the race piston and different valving AND its not anodized, hence the RAW name... he said they are about the price of FOAs just a lot better! thought that was pretty sweet.

I did sir. Showed up at around 11. Walked about for a like three hours. Glad you got a picture of the Wounded Warrior H3. Pretty cool ride.

You still coming out to the Main Divide run?

yeah that thing was really sweet and for a great cause too.

Im still planning on it yes.

..Great pics and the one with Walker is a keeper..:biggthump

Didn't get any pictures as i didn't have my camera, but although it was kind of small it was pretty good.

Here's the build thread to that orange and blue ranger, in case anyone's interested:
http://www.dezertrangers.com/vb/dr-rides/89900.htm

The red KW Fabworks ranger is my friend's bro-in-law's truck...very nice truck to say the least, running a 5.0.

McNeil had pics of Colin's and Tom's old trucks at their booth.

I was hanging around the dezert rangers booth for a while cuz my friend was working there, so you might have walked right by me. That black and orange ranger has a Saleen built 4.0 SOHC (stroked to a 4.2) waiting to go in.

Didn't get any pictures as i didn't have my camera, but although it was kind of small it was pretty good.

Here's the build thread to that orange and blue ranger, in case anyone's interested:
http://www.dezertrangers.com/vb/dr-rides/89900.htm

The red KW Fabworks ranger is my friend's bro-in-law's truck...very nice truck to say the least, running a 5.0.

McNeil had pics of Colin's and Tom's old trucks at their booth.

I was hanging around the dezert rangers booth for a while cuz my friend was working there, so you might have walked right by me. That black and orange ranger has a Saleen built 4.0 SOHC (stroked to a 4.2) waiting to go in.

what time were you there? i could have, I went by there twice. Id really like to see that stroked 4.0. sounds badass

Back