• Register Today It's free!

lets see pics of explorers towing

perkinsbrandon72

Reaction score
City, State
Rochester New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer 03 XLT V8
i would like to see what kid of stuff people tow, also i am looking to get a 12foot enclosed trailer and seeing how that looks and how the exs do towing one

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Tell you what. Down the street from my boss's house is a guy with a 4th gen Explorer that tow's an enclosed trailer(18-20ft?) with several tools inside and he also parks his Honda Fit in it! I think he does craft shows or something. When he hooks it up, that baby is squating!

Here's a picture of mine when I towed our 6x12 enclosed trailer for work. I do paint/carpenter work, so there's a few tools and stuff in it.

0604001443.jpg

Here's some pickets inside for my fence I built
0427002232a.jpg

And 21 80lbs(yes, 1680lbs in back!) of concrete mix. Home Depot stopped at 12 and I said no, keep loading:D She rode smooooooth!
0423002058.jpg

I took a 2 hr drive with this trailer to pick up a Buick 455 Stage 1 motor for a transplant into my 72 GS. Luckily I was able to get the trailer at Sunbelt Rentals, as Uhaul would not give me one.

IMG_6259.jpg

IMG_6260.jpg

Here's my 2nd gen hauling a load of hacienda blocks

105-0549_IMG.jpg

105-0552_IMG.jpg

looks great limited thats just what i want do you have the class 2 or 3 hitch

Curtis, it looks like your 2nd gen is sitting pretty level.... on the driveway, lol.

Cool pictures, How's this one guys....

23671_433743833776_635323776_3862231_7172480_n.jpg

The asphalt I'm on dips in the middle (you can see a line) when I had it straight the trailer dipped in the front still, but the trailer sits higher than my truck, my truck was stock at the time.

The c3 vinyl has been removed and we use it for landscaping at work now, I was just taking the trailer from one shop to the other.

Curtis, it looks like your 2nd gen is sitting pretty level.... on the driveway, lol.

LOL yip she did sit level on the incline.. Should have taken a picture on the road, but who thinks of that stuff at the time :D

looks great limited thats just what i want do you have the class 2 or 3 hitch

I've got a Class 3 hitch. Sadly I don't get to use it as much as I thought I would(reason I bought the Explorer). But I jump at any chance I get!

Tell you what. Down the street from my boss's house is a guy with a 4th gen Explorer that tow's an enclosed trailer(18-20ft?) with several tools inside and he also parks his Honda Fit in it! I think he does craft shows or something. When he hooks it up, that baby is squating!

damn thats crazy! I always wanted to know how it would do towing a 4000 pound car..plus the trailer of course

damn thats crazy! I always wanted to know how it would do towing a 4000 pound car..plus the trailer of course

I have towed close to 5500lbs with my Ex and I could feel the weight! It's not something I would want do on a regular basis:roll: The trailer I have pictured weights maybe 2500lbs(loaded) and it's easy to pull around.

i wish i had pics before we sold the trailer. but I had the rear of my 92 explorer xlt 4x4 loaded with hay, a 2 horse trailer completely packed with hay ( 25 bales) and it was like i was pulling nothing. No sag no lag, nothing.

I towed a little over 6k with the mountaineer when it was stock and ill never do that again. First hill we had to go down I thought my brakes where gonna be toast!

I finally got my diesel now and hauling 8 atvs on a dual skid loader trailer is Nooooo problem at all.

I have towed my friends 94 ex with my 93 a long long way with no problems at all (no pics though sorry) but I mostly tow the boat or jetski:D

HPIM3209.jpg

This is mine Taking the bikes out for one last ride before the 2009 winter. Truck has changed a bit since then though... http://flic.kr/p/9qpYu3

Cool pictures, How's this one guys....

23671_433743833776_635323776_3862231_7172480_n.jpg

The asphalt I'm on dips in the middle (you can see a line) when I had it straight the trailer dipped in the front still, but the trailer sits higher than my truck, my truck was stock at the time.

The c3 vinyl has been removed and we use it for landscaping at work now, I was just taking the trailer from one shop to the other.
Do you have the tow package with the 3.73's ?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

jeep1.jpg

Back