Body Lift Help | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Body Lift Help

Rebel - yeah it's trimmed. The bumper is really angled with the top inward and the bottom outward because the ever so slight curve where te stock mounts are angled the brackets. That pushed out the bottom a little but the way my brackets are they bump out the bumper a little. No pun intended. I'll get a pic up of what I mean at a more reasonable hour of the morning.

Scope - Haha and theyre 35's! They just had some the week (like 2 weeks ago) I ordered them. $200 mail in rebate for the wheels and tires. I was planning on finishing up tonight but the bumper held me up and my friends left me hanging with the bed tonight so didn't get either done. Pictures are in te near future though!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

They didn't on duratracs :( I'm holding out for those. At this rate it may take me awhile... Haha. But ya Im hoping to get a body lift and some 33s before summer is out but I'm working 60 hour weeks and can't find the time to do anything I've wanted to so far! And all my money keeps disappearing lol.

Haha I really hate when that happens! And I can't blame you waiting for te due attacks. They sound bulletproof from everyone that has them.

Heres pictures of the bracket

photo1-2.jpg

photo2-2.jpg

My thought is to basically jam a piece of metal between the bracket and bout to make it vertical but it'll only stick out further.

Just a comparo
photo2-3.jpg

photo4-1.jpg

Hurry up and finish so I can see!!!!! Haha. And ya, the duratracs would be perfect for me, especially with the brutal IN winters and it's my DD. They sound fairly quiet and have high snow/ ice ratings and still aggressive enough for me :) now get off te forum and finish and come back with some action shots :p haha

Heres how twisted the bumper is when its mounted. Ive tried moving it up and down in the holes as much as i can to no avail. Rebel, have any tricks up your sleeve?

photo-3.jpg

I had that same problem and had to go back and trim more metal off the bumper. I can't tell from the pictures where yours is getting hung up, though.

It's going to be awesome on 35s. Wait til you drive it the first time; like a new vehicle. :thumbsup:

Edit: What size wheels are those? They look good.

I guess I'll keep trimming then. I've already taken a good amount off. I just drove it without the bumper tho an it's so much heavier but I definitely love it.

It's going to be awesome on 35s. Wait til you drive it the first time; like a new vehicle. :thumbsup:

You ain't kiddin'. I can't speak for 35's but the first time I drove mine after lift/tires I couldn't stop smiling lol....

All I done except for the front bumper!! I'll get pictures when the storms pass and it'll look a little better.

What about straightening the top bend in the brackets a little, to angle the bumper down? I would probably try to arrange some wood blocks to hold it in just the right position, then whack it with a 6# sledge. The wood would bounce, the bracket would go flying, and maybe after the 3rd whack it would be about right, or else I'd try jamming it berween something and hitting it some more.

...and no, I don't have several non-working appliances on my front porch, lol!

Also, that same offset bend is what moves the bumper "out", as well as "up", right?
I got the idea that you really wished it just moved the bumper up and not out, so if that's the case, then couldn't the offset be flattened out (at a shop, on a big press) to move the bumper straight up without moving it out?

Freakin awesome! Now go drive up on something big and take more pics!!

Sorry, I was outside welding and fabricating my skid plate mounts and tubes. Hopefully I'll get it finished tomorrow.

Without seeing the front where you are supposed to cut I'd say you still have more cutting to do. Too bad you weren't closer I have the stock bumper from mine sitting in my storage trailer and I know the cuts are good for proper clearence. You probably need to cut more from the opening of the bumper cover as well.

I wonder how much shipping is lol. Think you could snap a couple pics and post em on here so I can look at them? Not sure if I'll be fooling with the bumper tomorrow or just work on trimming for tires minus the front bumper cover.

Sure, it'll have to be after work when I can take pictures. pm me your phone number, my albums are full so it'd be easier for me to text them to you.

I really think more trimming is your culprit. I followed the directions but still had to trim and test fit a couple times to get it just right. Good luck!

Patiently (lie) waiting for pictures. :popcorn:

Nope... Its rained everyday except like 5 since Ive come home from college a month ago. I miss the dry upstate sc lol

Okay since you've been so patient... ahem... heres some pics

I still haven't fixed the damn bumper. Probably gonna wait til the weekend, or at least tomorrow. Unless I get bored tonight... yeah not sure about that one. Anyway -

Here it is w/o the bumper cover

photo1-4.jpg

photo2-4.jpg

photo4-2.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

And here it is with the cover thrown on real quick for looks

photo5.jpg

Back