Making a Cowl Hood for my Ex :D | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Making a Cowl Hood for my Ex :D

That stripe really adds a lot to the hood, nice work!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks guys :D

I dont know about "producing" these as it takes 2 hoods to make one, but my brother is excited about the way this turned out and wants to do more of them.. I wouldnt mind doing a few of these made to order but - the issue is; I did the metal work in FL and my brother did the bodywork in PA lol. This would be a freekin expensive hood! The reason I put this thread together though was to show people how I did it, so if you know someone who can weld, paint, do body work and have some time on your hands, you can make one like this too! or different to suit your standards.

Im very happy with how it turned out and am glad to hear all the possitive comments about it! I will have pics of it on the truck shortly.

That looks amazing, you and your brother do some quality work. Can't wait to see your new pictures!

Thanks alot guys. I appreciate the comments!

My brother has been wet sanding and buffing this all day. Its shiney as all get out. Its gonna make the rest of the truck look like crap lol.

Looks great!! I think I may have to do same thing at some point!

Clear coated and buffed out.
A couple little things to do and its going back on the truck.

clear3_zps9d93a513.jpg

clear_zpsbfeb2933.jpg

hoodside_zps3465c6e1.jpg

Cant wait to see it on the Explorer! make sure to get pics up of it looking through the windshield from inside too! :)

That is an awesome idea cutting it out of another ex and curving it down. Awesome fit and finish. I'm with everyone else and can't wait to see it on the truck.

Fianlly on there!!

fin3_zps747f2c60.jpg

fin2_zps8bc1da0b.jpg

Cant wait to see it on the Explorer! make sure to get pics up of it looking through the windshield from inside too! :)

I will do that tomorow when its a little more light out. Thats the first thing I did once we got it on was jump in and check it out lol

Wow :eek: Very nice body work, looks great!

that thing just looks amazing, kinda reminds me of the mustang cobra r hood

Thanks for the comment! I was thinkin about the Camaro hoods after it was done but I didnt have anything in mind when we were putting it together. Just a gradually increasing lift to 2". I am very happy with the way it turned out :D

I would be alot happier if that hood was on my Truck!!!!

I actually moved my wipers down so I could see it while Im driving lol.

hoodinside_zps749692a6.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back