• Register Today It's free!

Cowl Induction Hood

acuzerfdw

Reaction score
City, State
Los Angeles, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Explorer Sport 2WD
I don't know if this is the right place to post this so if not, please let me know so I can make the correction.
Well, I've been looking to get acowl induction hood and the only one I had seen so far is the one from Explorer Express. I don't know if it's still for sale there, but I did find another place that makes that same hood. It actually makes a few different variations of the hood (cowl size, pin-on or latch). I've bought stuff from them in the past so I thought I'd check with them. I went by there today to take a personal look at the hoods and they look really good to me. The place is called Unlimited Products, and they are located in Hesperia, California (Southern Cali). Here's a link to the Ranger/Explorer hoods they have, and other items:
http://www.up22.com/ranger.htm

Here is what the hood looks like. Pictures taken with cell phone so excuse the quality

UPHood2.jpg

UPHood1.jpg

The thing I noticed is that the style of hood is based on the Ranger so it doesn't look the same as the hood on my '97 Explorer, but it'll fit. As far as it indicating '97 cutt-off, maybe it's an typo. It's a pretty good price too so I'm gonna get one soon. I'll post pics when I do.

Back