No Sirius ... How to add. | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

No Sirius ... How to add.

Do you know if your truck even has the SiriusXM receiver in it?

Maybe thats all you need?

There are different versions of the MFT software and you would have to have yours loaded with a US version. Its difficult because the VIN only allows the Ford dealer tech to load a specific version with the IDS connection to the Ford server.

I know because I tried to get the Canadian version taken out and the US version installed with HD Radio.

You would have to figure out a way to get a pirated version which I don't think is available.

What about the aftermarket installers just installing the SiriusXM tuner?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hello :salute: , looking for some help here.

I bought my Explorer here in Mexico just recently.
It seems that Ford blocks the Sirius and SAT radio in the MFT so that the access icons do not show up on the screen as they do in the US and Canada. I'm aware that Sirius is not registered in Mexico but if I have an equipped car I want to have the option available even if I would not make use of it. My decision.

Would any of the experts in this forum know how I can make the access available on the MFT screen?
None of the Ford agencies and their technicians around my city have a clue, as they do not get trained for that.
I'm sure it should not be too complicated. :thumbsup:
As indicated in my PM, I have merged your thread with this existing one. Read through it and you will see that it appears and Explorer built for 'Export' will not have SIRIUS available. You can always send a PM (private message) to Rebecca (FordIVTteam) and see if there is any way she can assist. You can use this link; http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/private.php?do=newpm&u=181992

Peter

Hello :salute: , looking for some help here.

I bought my Explorer here in Mexico just recently.
It seems that Ford blocks the Sirius and SAT radio in the MFT so that the access icons do not show up on the screen as they do in the US and Canada. I'm aware that Sirius is not registered in Mexico but if I have an equipped car I want to have the option available even if I would not make use of it. My decision.

Would any of the experts in this forum know how I can make the access available on the MFT screen?
None of the Ford agencies and their technicians around my city have a clue, as they do not get trained for that.
I'm sure it should not be too complicated. :thumbsup:

Hi, Mexplorer2014,

I suggest giving your Customer Relationship Center a call. Here are their numbers:

Toll free - 01-800-719-8466
International - +52 55 58 997594

Rebecca

Now is a good time to try and get this working as Sirius is free till FEB10th.

I have a 2015 expedition with MFT and I can see the Sirius ESN going thru the menus so I know all the parts are there but the button is just not available to select Sirius. Has anybody figured out a solution yet?

Did the vehicle come with the 6 month free Sirius subscription? If you select the Entertainment quadrant there should be a menu on the left side with Sirius as a selection

Peter

Attachments

• P4140319_001.JPG
    P4140319_001.JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 321

Sirius functionality resides in two modules in the vehicle, the APIM if MFT equipped/FCDIM if non MFT and the ACM (audio control module, aka the cd player/radio). It needs to be enabled in BOTH for it to work. This is not a direct function of dealer software....in fact for MFT....dealer software can't reprogram the APIM to just add it. Ford intentionally locks out reprogramming of the MFT APIM.

They do make an ACM that physically is missing SIRIUS as well. It is for the base model and police model...not sure if they put that in exports as well.

Sirius functionality resides in two modules in the vehicle, the APIM if MFT equipped/FCDIM if non MFT and the ACM (audio control module, aka the cd player/radio). It needs to be enabled in BOTH for it to work. This is not a direct function of dealer software....in fact for MFT....dealer software can't reprogram the APIM to just add it. Ford intentionally locks out reprogramming of the MFT APIM.

They do make an ACM that physically is missing SIRIUS as well. It is for the base model and police model...not sure if they put that in exports as well.

Thanks! This is very useful! Do you know if there is a way to know if the Sirius functionality is missing from APIM or ACM (or both)?

For the APIM there would be no sirius button...its just a "button" there is no sirius hardware in the MFT APIM (its software programming). The Sirius hardware is located in the ACM. There would be no antenna jack on the ACM for Sirius if it is missing. Again base, police and possibly export models would be the only ones missing it.

I have a 2015 expedition with MFT and I can see the Sirius ESN going thru the menus so I know all the parts are there but the button is just not available to select Sirius. Has anybody figured out a solution yet?

i have the same problem , my radio comes with sirius , but how can i get the bottom to apper?

the esn comes or shows entering safe mode

i have the same problem , my radio comes with sirius , but how can i get the bottom to apper?

the esn comes or shows entering safe mode
Welcome to the Forum.:wavey:
If you are located in Mexico, see post 23.

Peter

Help

Welcome to the Forum.:wavey:
If you are located in Mexico, see post 23.

Peter

I call ford México they can not help , What module do i have to chance
Si the sirius bottom apear the acm or apim or both?

Or to enable the bottom is on the car computer?

I call ford México they can not help , What module do i have to chance
Si the sirius bottom apear the acm or apim or both?

Or to enable the bottom is on the car computer?
I don't know if you can add Sirius if the Explorer did not come with it. It is a question of licensing. If it is not licensed then I doubt that Sirius will allow reception of the signal. Post 27 should answer your APIM/ACM question.

Peter

so if i bought the APIM/ACM , new , it would enable the sirrius on my display?

so if i bought the APIM/ACM , new , it would enable the sirrius on my display?
I don't know enough about that to comment. I do know that you cannot buy an APIM. The defective ones that the dealers replace must be returned to Ford. That means you would have to retrieve these parts from a wrecked Explorer. If that works then you have to hope that Sirius will allow activation of the ESN ID associated to it in order to receive the signal. I'm sure that there are a couple of other members that may know more about this.

Peter

If the ACM does indeed have Sirius then the APIM needs to be programmed to enable Sirius. You would have to send it to someone that has that capability. There are several people/places that could do it. I am one of them.

what do you need to help me? only de apim module?

If the ACM does indeed have Sirius then the APIM needs to be programmed to enable Sirius. You would have to send it to someone that has that capability. There are several people/places that could do it. I am one of them.
Jason, as per your post 29, would Explorers shipped to Mexico be considered "Export" models?

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Jason, as per your post 29, would Explorers shipped to Mexico be considered "Export" models?

Peter

He gave me his VIN. They have Sirius shut off but his vehicle as HD radio and as far as I know ford doesn't make a HD ACM without Sirius installed. He said he has an ESN so could very well have Sirius in it but just disabled through programming. I have his programming so I am going to play a bit.

If he had one without HD radio I would bet they would use an ACM that is physically missing the Sirius module.

Back