Moab 2015 - May 22-24 | Page 11 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Moab 2015 - May 22-24

That sucks Rick. I'm glad you got it fixed. This new ford I got I love the integrated brake controller it has. It's made my life easy.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am loaded and ready to get on the road tomorrow, still waiting on Mike, we all know how slow he can be :D

SANY0002.jpg

Problem #3

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 223

Fair warning to everyone attending...I am bringing the semi good video camera and will be shooting video of everyone as well as asking for on camera interviews with y'all standing by your rigs in different locales in Moab :)

Anyone that hasn't left yet and wants to bring a spare left rear tail light for a first gen I'd love to buy it from ya...........cliffhanger in the dark ate mine up

I knew I should have kept all the lights on the sport before I scraped it...

Fluids all topped off (rear diff was low), tire pressures checked, tools, firewood, lights and tent loaded. Pack the clothes and eating utensils tomorrow. Giving it a bath and packing the cooler Thursday, and heading out from Tuba City early Friday morning. I'm going to assume there's a NAPA in Moab? My air filter desperately needs changed....

So who all is actually gonna be there? I think the list needs to be updated a bit...

Will be there. We are leaving thursday morning from phx, should arrive by dinnertime that evening. Still looking for a place to sleep. We are pretty self sufficient, a curb will do.

Just the one rig will be coming; the sport has developed a small issue with the front hubs that isn't getting fixed until later.

We'll be there till Sunday evening.

Rachel and I will be in St. George tomorrow and Moab Friday afternoon. Sadly, our Explorer won't be attending this time :(

I think it's about time to stop using passenger car tires on your trailer carrying an SUV.

Well they didn't cost anything so I'm using them till they are done, and it's been the same corner every time! I'm still well under weighted rating, most of them are pretty dry rotted though and I kinda expected this to happen.

Roscoe and Red Bull en route. Almost to abeline texas right now

ForumRunner_20150520_101015.png

Problem #4 Same corner but I brought this tire with us and had it mounted after the first blow out and it was in poor shape. Didn't even know it happened with interstate 40 being soooo rough! Found it while parking at the motel. We will be headed in the Moab direction after a quick stop at the Grand Canyon today! Currently having a NEW TRAILER tire mounted on this rim for that corner of the trailer!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 205

Almost made it to Lubbock Texas and found mike and Robert on the way!

ForumRunner_20150520_125640.png

Maybe it's something with the trailer and not the tire? Hope you get there in one piece!

If this brand new E tire blows, then we do have a problem!

Well add us to the list with tire issues...ran over a bungee cord on the road and punctured right rear tire on the f150...at discount getting it patched now

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well add us to the list with tire issues...ran over a bungee cord on the road and punctured right rear tire on the f150...at discount getting it patched now

Makes me feel a little better, but not much

Back