• Register Today It's free!

Installed my Lund moon visor

Beerking27

Reaction score
City, State
Central NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
00 Explorer XLT 4.0 SOHC
Hey all, been a long time since I've posted here. I bought a Lund moon visor years ago and finally had the chance to finish the project and install it myself after thanksgiving. Figured I'd share it with you all. Hardly adds any extra road noise at all, cuts gas mileage about .25mpg. Adds cool orange glow to hood at night while driving :thumbsup:

Before:

hrdwJ8u.png

After:

p8FPMF3.png

5tx6XWP.png

5ZZAblW.png

Edit: sorry fixed pic sizes

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks good, man! I always called it a sun visor though, you don't need it to block moonlight :D

Mine:
BP25h8Eh.jpg

Looks great!
- Lund calls the one with lights a "Moonvisor" and the non lighted one a "sunvisor"

Mind me asking how much this ran you price wise?
Im not the OP but I found mine for $30 on craigslist. The ad was a month old and no one wanted it or saw it, I got lucky.
Looks great!
- Lund calls the one with lights a "Moonvisor" and the non lighted one a "sunvisor"
Interesting, thanks for the info!

Im not the OP but I found mine for $30 on craigslist. The ad was a month old and no one wanted it or saw it, I got lucky.

Interesting, thanks for the info!
Hell wish I could find cool stuff for my explorer on craigslist.. More and more parts for 02-05 explorers are coming up than anything nowadays. If there are posts for second gens they tend to be stock parts pulled from cars - which i'm not looking for right now (Unless one hell of a deal comes by.)

Mind me asking how much this ran you price wise?

I paid $95 shipped for it on eBay a few years back. It was originally the dark forest green color. Did prep work myself and had maaco do a cheapo paint job on it I think for around $120. Then bought superbrightleds for $40 I believe. The originally price tag on these were around $300 new

Back