Central texas meet and run | Page 11 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Central texas meet and run

I want to shout out a HUGE BIG AWESOME thanks to mike for putting this one and to Robert for offering his home and drink to me. Yall are some of the best, most gracious folks I know, so THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!!!!

It was great to see old friends and meet new faces, so can't wait for the next one!!!!:thumbsup::salute:

Thanks for being there and doing all the work that you did for fellow EF'ers Russell!!

I guess the line up straight thing is just a Cali thing! lol
DSCN0011.jpg

LOL, it must be cuz we sure can't do it here!! :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Russell, the vids are great! I keep going to youtube and cussing because of the buffering, til I remembered that the vids were on my laptop!
( For some reason, folks loaded they're pics and vids on mine that night and said for me to post them, dang EF'ers)

( For some reason, folks loaded they're pics and vids on mine that night and said for me to post them, dang EF'ers)

Lazyness is why I did it.

What are we doing for the next gathering. I say skeet shooting.

What are we doing for the next gathering. I say skeet shooting

That would be nice, but there are no public shooting ranges in the area. Besides, I shoot at skeet, don't hit very many!

Where did you find a place to go off-road in Palo Duro? I am going back there in October and wouldn't mind feeling a few bumps off the beaten path .

I didn't except at the low water crossings in the park. It had rained enough the night before to let me play a little bit in the mud.

I did plenty of off-pavement travelling in Colorado though, not anything that really challenged my 2wd X though, except altitude. I could have driven those roads with my Chevelle and not been worried about it.

There's some trails in the Canadian river basin S. of Dumas and north of Amarillo on 287.

If really interrested in skeet shooting we could do it down by the shooting range I have. Only we will have to wait until spring. will be hunter out here soon.

Sounds like a future meet starting to spark!! :thumbsup:

There's some trails in the Canadian river basin S. of Dumas and north of Amarillo on 287.

Is it a good place to have a run?

It would be far North,and a defiant change of scenery.

found a few more

Kris pulling 43 up the pump house hill

DSC_0111.jpg

DSC_0110.jpg

We also found out that Dan's tow hooks were mounted correctly!

DSC_0108.jpg

The creek bed

DSC_0035.jpg

DSC_0015.jpg

DSC_0019.jpg

I know this is bringing up a very old thread, but I wanted to show the difference in the Leon River from when we were there on the run to now after the rains.

Then
IMG_2687.jpg

Now

IMG_05771_zpscmeonfpm.jpg

Then
IMG_2689.jpg

Now
IMG_05791_zpsx0vffs4c.jpg

But at least we are not getting hit like the Houston area.

I know this is bringing up a very old thread, but I wanted to show the difference in the Leon River from when we were there on the run to now after the rains.

Then
IMG_2687.jpg

Now

IMG_05771_zpscmeonfpm.jpg

Then
IMG_2689.jpg

Now
IMG_05791_zpsx0vffs4c.jpg

But at least we are not getting hit like the Houston area.

That was a cool thread with great pics. When are you gonna plan something like that again?

That was a cool thread with great pics. When are you gonna plan something like that again?

It was a great time! Another can be planned, but I don't when it can take place. With the Moab run coming up soon, it probably would be in the fall. Where are you located in Texas?

It was a great time! Another can be planned, but I don't when it can take place. With the Moab run coming up soon, it probably would be in the fall. Where are you located in Texas?

I am in Conroe. I am glad that you posted that thread. I didn't think that there were many Texas locals on here.

Very Cool pics mike!!! I cant believe i actually walked on that bridge haha

Wow! Lotsa' rain! Lotsa' freakin' hail here in Plano also... completely totaled my roof plus misc other damage. Our new roof will be going on in a few weeks. I've been through Dumas (we call it dumbass) and Trinidad on the way to Colorado. Nice area.

I am in Conroe. I am glad that you posted that thread. I didn't think that there were many Texas locals on here.

Glad you saw the thread, there are Texans on the EF near you, several are in the Houston area. (Missouri City, Sugarland, and out in Victoria). Plus a couple crazies in the Austin area.

Very Cool pics mike!!! I cant believe i actually walked on that bridge haha

LOL, true Russell, when I went out to take the pics of the river level, I knew there was a pic of you on the bridge, but I didn't check the thread before I left to see where you were standing on it so I could do a comparison. I didn't go to the creek bed we played at (and could not park in a straight line :D) because from where I was at, I would not of been able to cross the creek and would have to back out up hill, and to come in from the other side of the crossing I would have to make a pretty big loop. I haven't seen much about how hard Austin got hit, hoping you and Kris are ok.
There is a spot out at the old bridge just a few hundred yards upstream where the water level is close to spilling onto the road, but a pic would of not done any justice without a pic of the low water level. And I was not going to try to climb out on the old bridge to try a get a good pic, I would of been listed on the Darwin Awards for that!

Wow! Lotsa' rain! Lotsa' freakin' hail here in Plano also... completely totaled my roof plus misc other damage. Our new roof will be going on in a few weeks. I've been through Dumas (we call it dumbass) and Trinidad on the way to Colorado. Nice area.

Saw some pics of the Trinity River on the news, looks like ya'll got hit pretty good there!! I know what you mean about Dumas! (I call it dumbass also) I have taken 87 thru that area several times myself thru Raton, NM on up thru Trinidad. I went thru Hartley from Amarillo, a FM (1061) to 385 up to 87.

Back