mountaineer is going under the knife | Page 11 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

mountaineer is going under the knife

Sorry to hear about what happened. But it's inspirational to see that you are going to start again. Cant wait to see the new vehicles.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well after buying my new dodge diesel and building that up I finally made it into a mag for a 1000+ HP 12v cummins. I decided to come back to what I never really got to enjoy when it was finished. I currently fabricate suspension and performance parts for a place called performance diesel warehouse so what better then get back into the 3rd gens again. Now that I have a vehicle to mock up on we will be selling a complete sas kit minus the axles and a few other odds and ends. Also if there are any local explorers that are interested in winch bumpers and rock sliders we can fabricate just about anything. I'm leaving the independent suspension to btf as from what I have been reading he is really taking care of you guys.

The new 3rd gen is in lock down right now and won't be coming out till hot rod week in oc Maryland where she will hopefully be all finished. Sas with a simple five speed mechanical diesel are in the blue prints just like my old one but with a twist.

Well after buying my new dodge diesel and building that up I finally made it into a mag for a 1000+ HP 12v cummins. I decided to come back to what I never really got to enjoy when it was finished. I currently fabricate suspension and performance parts for a place called performance diesel warehouse so what better then get back into the 3rd gens again. Now that I have a vehicle to mock up on we will be selling a complete sas kit minus the axles and a few other odds and ends. Also if there are any local explorers that are interested in winch bumpers and rock sliders we can fabricate just about anything. I'm leaving the independent suspension to btf as from what I have been reading he is really taking care of you guys.

The new 3rd gen is in lock down right now and won't be coming out till hot rod week in oc Maryland where she will hopefully be all finished. Sas with a simple five speed mechanical diesel are in the blue prints just like my old one but with a twist.

Can't wait I may even have to drive up and see it..
I would be interested in a winch bumper I may fab sliders soon myself(want OE running boards mounted on sliders to hide them+add function)
Your only about four hours away...
I can't wait to see it already....

Wow, it's good to see you back around Macknos and seems like things are getting better.

Good luck with everything and thanks again for the tips - I still haven't done anything, but I still keep it in mind.

Any updates on the conversion? Would love it if you posted some progress pics of the SAS.

That corvair is sweet. My dad had a bunch of them cars years ago, He had one that he put a 396 chevy big block in the back seat area he said you had to park it when it started to rain.. I also know a guy that has one with a 6cyl. that is pushing over 700 HP mean little cars..

Ya what's the word????

Bird

But on a more serious note it says he hasnt been on since August

07312009066.jpg

07312009067.jpg

07312009069.jpg

07312009070.jpg

07312009071.jpg

With the 35's minor cutting but fit beautiful. I couldnt believe I got it done in the amount of time I had but thanks to a couple of good friends, heres the outcome. Lets here some thoughts
If by chance you still have your Mercury what type of lift did you put on it to get it that hype I'm wanting to do somewhat the same to mine

Back