• Register Today It's free!

Blend door actuator sound

Hacra

Reaction score
City, State
Nurmijärvi
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 5.0 Eddie Bauer
Hey all, i just swapped to new blend door actuator and slightly after swapping it, clicking sound appeared.

here's a video of it.

been there... heard this.... Sounds like the Arm with the square hole in it that slips over the Actuator Shaft is split on its Axis & it makes snap noise as Actuator Shaft rotates & opens & closes the split in the Arm that clicks when it snaps shut - SO>>> ur old Acuator was good but could not move an Arm with Split in it where it slips onto Actuator Shaft - If Arm is just cracked & not a big hunk out of it u can FIRST TIME the Arm correctly to actuator position - Then reinforce the split in Arm with a couple small tie wraps at both sides of split so that Arm will move when Actuator moves - Plan B is new Arm that is TIMED correctly to Actuator position.

BROKEN ARM.jpg

When i put the new actuator in, i moved the blend door to cold position, also before attaching new actuator, i attached wire to actuator and made it move to the coldest position. It does change the temperature correctly.

From what i am seeing of the picture; is that from top of the air box?

When i put the new actuator in, i moved the blend door to cold position, also before attaching new actuator, i attached wire to actuator and made it move to the coldest position. It does change the temperature correctly.

From what i am seeing of the picture; is that from top of the air box?

Yes looking down - That Arm repaired w/ 2 tie wraps a year ago & working fine w/ no clicks - Maybe just the little gears in ur Actuator clicking ___? - If its working run with it...

Back