show off your LIFTED truck - photo thread | Page 13 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

show off your LIFTED truck - photo thread

yeah, so i wanted to separate men from mice and see your LIFTED explorer.
(yes, i´m gonna steal ideas for my soon to be x)
also this thread could be really cool for everyone else who´s into jacked up trucks.

keep 'em coming!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I guess I should put mine in this thread too. Just got this done last week.

Limited, what's the specs on that lift... looks like 6" or something.... very nice!

12945eds-x-lifted2-med.jpg

Ed

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Thanks! Its kind of a combination. I did an SOA in the rear, with Skyjacker axle brackets in the front and Superlift 5.5" coils. I was going to use Skyjacker coils, but they were too soft. And a 3" bl. I may put some coil spacers in also, just to free up a little more room between the tires and the fender:rolleyes:

Limited i see you go the new tires. They look great!! What kind of Fender flares are those?

Those are Bushwacker flares, and the bumper was made by Kennesaw Mountain Accessories. Check the group purchases section for more info on it, because I am one of very few that are happy with their bumpers:eek:

very cool trucks!

also cool thread, going towards 250 replies :)
keep it coming...

Originally posted by NOTAJP
They are not cut out flares. Nobody makes them for any year explorer. The fenders are different between Explorers and Rangers. Some have tried to adapt a set for the front of a Ranger but I have not heard or seen any results. Most use either a saw-sal or Fiberglass fenders.

The more I looked at them I realized that they probably werent cutouts. I need to do something that will get me both more room for my tires and some coverage b/c they stick out too far now w/o any flares. I was talking about putting ranger flares on my explorer b/c they have larger opennings and then I can get explorer flares for the back to match the style of the ranger ones up front
Gary

Heres mine

Well heres my 94XL in action. At the time it had a 31'' m/t's on it. it now has 33''s onit but now a blown tranny.

Attachments

• 4vc-005s.jpg
    4vc-005s.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 8,060

Heath your rig looks real good. Nice of the h-2 owner to leave it in the trail. At lease he could of move off a little even with the broken tie rod.

That thing wasn't moving... He was wedged in there good... Thats okay though, he was just blocking an obsticle... At least it wasn't the main trail...

Thanks for the comments on my truck too...

1996 Explorer Sport - 2'' TT, 15x8 Rock Crawlers, 31''x10.50'' BFGoodrich All-Terrains, Radio Shack 40 Channel CB, Sony 800M Head Unit, and Explorer ProComp ES9000 Gas Filled Shocks.

418593_25_full.jpg

HERES MINE

Attachments

• 56.jpg
    56.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 10,080

that looks serious!!

Hey thanks, you got an shift improver kit on yours? How does it do? And where did you get it?

Not much, but good for the snowy weather/hill climbing of western NC, and the trout fishing trips.

Attachments

• small.jpg
    small.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 5,859
  • inter.jpg
    inter.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 5,833
  • side.jpg
    side.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 5,852

Ewww! 94WhiteEB, I can hardly tell anything was done to it! There is nothing is western NC to use that on. Look at that ricey coffee can pipe on it. Hehehe.

~Your Roommate

Originally posted by yourroommate
Ewww! 94WhiteEB, I can hardly tell anything was done to it! There is nothing is western NC to use that on. Look at that ricey coffee can pipe on it. Hehehe.

~Your Roommate

OMG that is hilarious!! He registered here just to rag on you, I am not sure I'd hang out with him anymore....:p

Limited,
Looks great, those the 10 inch wheels?

Back