Somebody tell me where to go this weekend... | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Somebody tell me where to go this weekend...

Saturday is cool with me

This should be a fun run...it's actually $15 for the day by the way.

Once you get to Warner Springs they have it well marked to get to Los Coyotes. You'll pass the only gas station in town on your right then a few hundred feet ahead is San Ignacio rd on your left. It's about 6-7 miles
from there to the gate where you pay.

I say lets meet like last time around 9-10am??

First person there park in the campground somewhere
where you can be seen easily.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

OKay so the plan is to meet at the entrace campground at 9:00 am Saturday.

So far 5 trucks are interested:
RangerX
DB_1
Felix
JoshS
410Fortune

Right?
Any particular CB channel? :)

If anybody wants to meet up before heading up there just let me know, I will be leaving San Juan early AM heading down the 5 to Oceanside...

JoshS is out of spare tires. I have volunteered my spare if he needs it, 33x12.5.
I just assume this is routine, I always carry spare parts and anyone is welcome ot them as needed as long as they get me back! hahaha of course.....

Jaime, want to meet me in Oceanside? We'll have to leave there by 7:30AM to get to LC by 9.

Josh, which way you going?

Looks like that area got 1" or more of rain the past two days! Maybe not much by CO standards, but pretty good for SoCal. :p It should increase the fun factor.

This should be a good one! :D

Dave and I are going to drive up saturday morning. We should be there by 9:30am or so. I also have a spare 33 that I always take with me on 4x trips.

At least it shouldnt be so dusty this time. I just hope it is not to wet. As some of those rocks have pucker factor already.

CB channel ? 12 ?

See you all there.

AAWWWW NOW WTF!!!

I come up for the idea for a run and I can't go!:mad:

Damm it!!! I got a wedding on Saturday and a birthday party Sunday.

You people suck!........and you owe me!:p

(Still try'n to find some Skid Plates)

Have some fun out there!:cool:

Originally posted by RangerX
Jaime, want to meet me in Oceanside? We'll have to leave there by 7:30AM to get to LC by 9.

Josh, which way you going?

Well, I really have no idea...I'm guessing 91e to 15s to 78N...unless you have a better idea. I'd rather not take the scenic route through Idyllwild this time:eek:

I'd be up for a caravan if y'all are on the way. I'm in Orange now just in case it doesn't say it under my name.

Thanks a lot guys for the backup on the tire situation! I always have my spare, but right now its flat from J. Tree.

Josh, you'll want the 79 out of Temecula, not the 78, which is out of Escondido. I asked cause you can caravan with us if you want, although it looks longer than going out the 91 for you.

okay I can be in Oceanside at 7:30 no problem.
Where? right where I get off the 5?

The damn sun comes up so early out here I cant sleep past 6 anyways....I guess in CO we had the mountains blocking the early sunrise :)

Well then I'll proooobly just meet y'all out there then. I'm gonna have TDG ridin shotty, as usual, so he can navigate our ***** up there...I just gotta remember a damn map this time!!:D Well then, I'm guessin I should leave Orange by 7am to make it out there by 9, with stops and all. Well gotta go fix my twisted ass coil, grease up the old BJs, and throw on a coat or two of paint on my show truck's frame:rolleyes: ...c y'all there then:)

Hey josh what happened to your coil? what kind?

and why do you want to paint the frame before the run?

hahaha

I did all my repairs last night! I was in the garage till 11. SUX too, I had to drop the drivers knuckle a month ago to replace the lower BJ, when it dropped the damn grease zerk for the upper BJ broke off and I didnt even notice till the truck was back on all 4's and I had the grease gun in my hand. Last night I took it down to the knuckle to replace the diff seal on that side (fix a slow leak) and I tried and tried with an extractor to get the damn thing out, no go....so its still busted. Looks like I will bite the bullet amd replace the upper MOog BJ again....oh well more trail spares! at least the leak is fixed, the fluid is topped off, ARB is working....

hahaha see you there bright and early......
bring your damn camera. I am briging my GF if I can drag her ass out of bed at 6...........pack a lunch and a 18 pack of beer, should be good to go!

Originally posted by 410Fortune
Hey josh what happened to your coil? what kind?

and why do you want to paint the frame before the run?

hahaha

I did all my repairs last night! I was in the garage till 11. SUX too, I had to drop the drivers knuckle a month ago to replace the lower BJ, when it dropped the damn grease zerk for the upper BJ broke off and I didnt even notice till the truck was back on all 4's and I had the grease gun in my hand. Last night I took it down to the knuckle to replace the diff seal on that side (fix a slow leak) and I tried and tried with an extractor to get the damn thing out, no go....so its still busted. Looks like I will bite the bullet amd replace the upper MOog BJ again....oh well more trail spares! at least the leak is fixed, the fluid is topped off, ARB is working....

hahaha see you there bright and early......
bring your damn camera. I am briging my GF if I can drag her ass out of bed at 6...........pack a lunch and a 18 pack of beer, should be good to go!

Dang man thats a lotta repairs. :eek: As for the frame painting:D I got my rig detailed by my buddy on monday, and his strong ass pressure washer hosed off a lot of that stupid wax crap undercoating off the frame(you know, the stuff that catches fire when you're welding?). Sooo, the crap is starting to rust, so I might as well pimp some hos from the res. while we're up there:D j/k.

As for the coil, lets just say its a Superlift...in J. Tree, I musta hit some big stuff or somethin cuz the darn thing twisted around a bit and bent out the upper retainer little hook thingies that hold it in place. This basically means that it is bending the j-clip and about to fly off into some poor lady on the freeway:( Soo, I might as well fix that b4 the run. Rather not have it flying off and killing the photographer ya know?;)

Dang man, speakin of gettin chicks, didn't you just move here and you already gotta chick?!! Shoot, you're gonna hafta give me some pointers!

Felix--Are you gonna make it out to this one? Will you be headin down the 15 or are you cruising up through Idyllwild? Let me know if you want to meet along the way somewhere on the 15S.

ha hahahaa thats funny.
Actually she moved with me, my future wife.

the stock coil retainers suck....I bent up my own J hooks, they work great!!

Just finished wrenchin on my junk and i'm ready to go.

Josh...Mark(Felix) and myself will be going up Hwy 74 to hwy 371 to LC...the 15 is the long way for us:p

See ya guys there.

Just a heads up on the weather forecast for the mtns tomorrow.

Mostly cloudy. Patchy fog. Local drizzle or sprinkles possible. Highs 55 to 63. Local west winds 15 to 25 mph.

Had an awesome time as usual out at LC...it was cool to meet some new faces too, even though we didn't meet Josh S. until we were airing up before going home:p

Took a few pics but didn't get a chance to take a whole lot.

Here's Felix goin up Bronco hill:

Attachments

• image06.jpg
    image06.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 133

Here's the highlight of the day, 410Fortune (Jaime) lifting a tire just a tad...hehe. We broke out the strap and hooked it to his bumper and eased him down back on all fours.

Attachments

• image07.jpg
    image07.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 1,036

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

RangerX going up the deep ruts.

Attachments

• image08.jpg
    image08.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 134

Back