Central Texas Meet and Shoot Discussion Thread | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Central Texas Meet and Shoot Discussion Thread

easymc

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Hamilton Tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 2dr sport
Ok, holidays are over time to get back to having some fun. This is Texas so Mike and I want to invite all of you to come to Hamilton and show off you skill with firearms, (long and short guns).Will meet at my house,then go to range that Mike and I will set up in the back 40. This is open to all shooters male or female,(minors if parents fell they can handle it).

We looking at a date of May 19 at this time,but not set in stone. The plan is to shoot for day,then come back to the house and put some meat on the fire and then do a lot of bsing.

So how many of you may be interested

Update #1 -- I have checked with a few and we are setting the date for the shoot on Sat May 12.
Hopefully this will let more shooter show.

Update #2 -- We will be shooting on Sat the 12 of May.
Anyone who would like to come in Firday night, or stay over till
Sunday am may stay at my house. have lots of room. All that
wants are welcome.

Update # 3
The plan of the day is to meet at my house around 9am.
We will do a little bs,ing. Go down to the range about 10am.
We'll shoot tell we all get tired or run out of ammo.
Then come back to the house and fire up the grill and do alot more bsing.
I'll have burgers and dogs, Anyone who wants to bring anything else for the grill is more than welcome

Planning to Attend
Easymc
Reapereviltwin
MrQ
TexasArmadillo
jjaganashi
deadman
James209

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Definitely in!! This'll give me a chance to plink with my Glock. Any chance of doing any wheeling on this trip? :D

Unfortunely City Lake has been closed to traffic going past the point just at the pump house, word is some jackass went out there in a "red diesel truck", took down a fence and went onto private property and did damage. Even tho there is a back way to get over to the area which is a good wheeling spot, we won't even think of attempting to do that. All it takes is one moron to screw it up.

This is not going to be a blast away shoot. Robert has great plans to make it something like "Top Shot" with teams competing against each other. There will be a open shoot at the beginning tho.

Grilling out after, maybe a fire, ( it will only proably be in the 90's in May, no "Wow!! It's down to 102!!!" ands maybe a game of poker. ( no firearms at the poker game!!!:D)

Oh you know I'm there. I also found the key to 9mm trigger lock. I will get a scoop for the Mauser and pick up some extra rounds.

Wish I lived in Texas id love to come along got a new Remington 700 I wanted to play with :(

I will get a scoop for the Mauser and pick up some extra rounds.

Thumper.jpg

:D (Mike's Mauser is named "Thumper", and damn does it thumps!!!)

Reminds me. I think I will repaint it as well.

Bump

Well im new here... names max..
i would be down to come if im invited and i can get betsy rebuilt by then...

Get Betsy built. We need some more North Texas folks at these events.

Well im new here... names max..
i would be down to come if im invited and i can get betsy rebuilt by then...

You bet you are invited, so as Mike said get Betsy fixed and come on down:thumbsup:
(Will add you )

Gimme Guns or gimme death :shoot:

Lurking for now

Come on folks we are going to need more shooters to make this fun.

I'am hoping to have enough to have two teams. Mike and I will not be competing. Will be useing only mine or Mikes guns for the range events. This way no one has edge on anyone.

As Mike said there will be an free shoot b/4 . This way any can shoot their own guns. Anyone without firearms are welcome to use any of mine if they like. ( I do have a few - from 22 to 308 )
So you dont have to own any firearms to come down to have fun.

:shoot: :shoot: :shoot:

Too bad you aren't doing this a little earlier...

I will passing through Texas on my way back to Georgia on the 27th of April. Would love to shoot with y'all...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'll be home on the 13th of May. For the kiddo's bday. If only y'all could have it a little earlier. ;-)

Back