‘91 Manual Cloth to ‘92 Power leather | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

‘91 Manual Cloth to ‘92 Power leather

Hillyman

Reaction score
City, State
Mass.
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Ford Explorer EB
Hi all,

I’m attempting to go from cloth manual seats to leather seats in my ‘91. The donor seats are from a ‘92 and the bolt holes seem waaay off. unfortunately I don’t have my old seats to compare but I always thought 91 or 92 Explorer seats were interchange?

99541EDC-AAA1-4493-B4F9-17343605BF21.jpeg

38D6C0F9-3D97-4D52-B25C-B6C1322928DC.jpeg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

91-1999 all share the same front seat mounts. Those seats are not from a first gen Explorer. They look like second gen seats, so they should still fit. The wiring will not be in the interior either. The 1994 manual seat model I bought for parts had the green power seat wire running from the power distribution box through the firewall, and terminated at the first plug inside the cab. You can splice into it from there to use OEM wiring.

91-1999 all share the same front seat mounts. Those seats are not from a first gen Explorer. They look like second gen seats, so they should still fit. The wiring will not be in the interior either. The 1994 manual seat model I bought for parts had the green power seat wire running from the power distribution box through the firewall, and terminated at the first plug inside the cab. You can splice into it from there to use OEM wiring.

I confirmed the seats, they are from a 1992 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer, and while my original seats were manual, the power seat harness was under the carpet, I just plugged it into the new seats and they powered right up. However, it does seem the 1991 Explorer's had there own floor pan bolt patterns as these seats clearly don't line up....

Now that I spent more than a few seconds looking at the leather seats, you are right those are first generation seats.

Can you modify the seat brackets to fit? I don't think the manual brackets will work with the power seats but the mounts might.

Back