01-05 Sport Trac 4x4 Lift Options Discussion | Page 29 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

01-05 Sport Trac 4x4 Lift Options Discussion

here are some pics of Farmingdale SD its more known in the ATV world but the trails fit me and my trac just fine. out here in southwest SD this is about the only muddy place you'll find.

the trac on top of the world
20121103_1435241.jpg

my co-pilot after the mud pits
20121103_1549131.jpg

jc this is what a 2" torsion twist and add-a-leaf with 32" tires looks like. i get minor rub full lock. and the inner fender in the rear rubs a tad in flex. for best bet add a .5" spacer to push it out a tad and do inner fender tie back in the rear and you would be set.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

05dakotatrac i definitely dig the way it looks and thank you for the info im definitely gonna do the same... What brand add-a-leaf did you get? And would you run the 1/2" spacer front and rear?

I'd be careful with 1/2" spacers as it takes away half of the threads that the lugs screw on to. I prefer wheel spacer/adapters that fully cover the lugs on the truck and have their own lugs pressed into the adapter. Thats JMO though.

JC,

the issue is the spacers smaller than 1" dont have studs in them. a half inch is all i need to clear perfect... honestly right now i am spacerless but if i was to choose spacers i would go 1"-1.25" like these: http://www.4wheelparts.com/Wheels/Spidertrax-Wheel-Spacers.aspx?t_c=11&t_s=107&t_pt=7576&t_pl=102769

as for the add-a-leafs the brand is Pro Comp and the part number is EXP 13120 here is a linkhttp://www.4wheelparts.com/Lift-Kits-Suspensions-Shocks/Rear-Add-A-Leaf-Kit.aspx?t_c=1&t_s=101&t_pt=5488&t_pl=1853&t_pn=EXP13120

finally tires; i personally am running re-treads from a very reputable company called treadwright they have been reviewed by off road magazines and truck magazines. my tires were 111 a piece vs. the 182 a piece they would have been for the good year wrangler authorities that wal-marx sells. i am running 265/75R16 the retread company's website is: https://treadwright.com/

i wish you the best of luck in your lifting and have fun doing it i look forward to pics of this in our lifted trac section

Do I need to get body mount bushing from daystar if I get a body lift?

You could also get a kit from Prothane. You don't absolutely need to get them but most people's bushings are shot by the time they do the body lift. However I regret not replacing mine when I did my body lift because it's a pain to go through the process twice.

No, you don't "have" to but since you live in the south they are prone to dry rot. Really do a thorough check of the bushings and replace those if they even look like they're starting to go bad. Doing this while you do your body lift will safe you a ton of money if you're having a shop do it and double the work if you're doing it yourself. I know a bunch of members regret not doing this when they did their body lifts.

to answer the question, 70023 from performance accessories will work. i know be cause i have one.

Yup that one will work for you

Yeah. They only advertised them for 01-02 because it wasnt a popular choice due to the ST not being that popular.

thanks hopefully next month i will have the body lift

did an SOA job on my trac this friday, and well.. i must say.. its quite successful. now my truck sits like its ready for a full pull. i will post pictures later on today.

heres a picture of the method we used. basically copied a GM, or modern ford. and a pic of the finished product. now the box is as high as my forehead. and i'm 5'8" for the record.

tracflip4.jpg

tracflip1.jpg

I don't think you'll find it any cheaper then that man. It's pretty easy to do, just alot of tedious little things to disconnect/ reconnect, etc...

Here's a picture of mine as it sits now with a 1.75 TT, SL, 3" BL, 33x12.50x15 GoodYear DuraTrac's on 15x8 Cragar Soft 8's with 4" b.s..

picture.php

did u get the plastics painted???

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I used Krylon Fusion Satin Black. Do a search for "no more nasty grey cladding", its my paint thread.

Back