'01 EB Ex V8 bogging at full throttle | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

'01 EB Ex V8 bogging at full throttle

I stopped off at the junkyard during lunch to see some of the sensors' orientation to the truck, just to see how far it could be off compared to mine, and they are indeed all over the place.

IMG_20130715_124621_341.jpg

IMG_20130715_124414_824.jpg

IMG_20130715_124239_993.jpg

I also found this... :)

IMG_20130715_124529_576.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Help me fix his truck, and I send it... lol

Maybe the new fuel filter you installed was faulty. I'd replace it again just to make sure.

:shifty_ey

Not after the pain of raw gas raining down like the devil's tears...

:D

Ok,
I would like you to read the resistance on the TPS, while slowly opening the throttle. Very slowly. If you have a "peak hold" feature on your meter, turn it on. If there is a out of range value read, it will lock the display to it.

Looking for a resistance spike --or drop out.

Joe, I want to help you either way. This one bugs me also. It's going to turn out to be something stupid, I just know it.

I would send you a fair amount of jellybeans for the plaque though. Let me know:thumbsup:

Will do, Jon... He's supposed to come by tonight. Hopefully the truck doesn't explode on the way over... :)

Tried rotating the cam sensor stator a bunch of places, nothing ever changes as to how it ran. Again, never removed the sensor from the top, now or before... Just turned the orientation of the entire unit to teh lower intake.

TPS- brown: 4.82

Gray/white: at idle ~.2-.7 (?) and smoothly runs up to top off at 4.2

The baseline number varies from .2-.7 as the probe moves in the wire. (?)

I want to find one of those engine plaques...

Do you have torque pro or the free version? The paid version can do quite a lot of data logging.

Pro, but the dongle I had quit working.

and THAT folks, has GOT to be a new sig line for someone...

Do I put them in the intake or the oil fill?

TPS voltge "should" be around .9v at idle rising to about 4.7v at wot

But you did not check resistance--measure across the tps for this.Signal line to 0 volt line.

Oh, are you using the 0 volt line for the negative probe connection? Ground is not a good reference for this test.

lol!

I did use the 0 volt line...

We did notice fuel on the ground though, tonight. towards the back, so the intake is coming off again, I think that's where we need to check. I'll bet something is loose and blowing fuel/losing pressure at wot. I did notice driving today that even when you go 3/4 and hit 3,000 rpm, it stops pulling.

Mine is for sale, gave it to him to drive home... There is a method to my madness... lol!

I'd like to shoot myself in the face.

Pulled the intake. Again.

Fuel filter is leaking now.

What the hell is this rusty ring thing fused to the filter throat, should this be in the fuel line connector, and do we need to get one of those repair kit now?

IMG_20130715_222948_647.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm going to peek at a new Purolator fuel filter tomorrow, and see if that thing is already on there. Seems odd.

I think I'm going to make a junkyard trip and see if I can get a set of new sensors- try a different TPS, breather, and DPFE. Who knows at this point. Might grab a new fuel rail as well.

Back