07 Eddie Bauer 4.0l SOHC Bank 1 Sensor 1 Wiring Help Needed | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

07 Eddie Bauer 4.0l SOHC Bank 1 Sensor 1 Wiring Help Needed

Skapr1

Reaction score
City, State
Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Explorer Eddie Bauer
I am experiencing an OBD2 Code P0135, appears due to the O2 sensor 1 - bank 1 wiring which is corroded (possible short or open) in a hard to get at place near the top of transmission.

My problem is gaining access to the wiring to replace it with a pigtail or whatever. Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

For clarification, here is a picture of the pigtail I was referring to. The 02 sensor wiring is in need of repair, but it is in a place near the top of the transmission which makes it difficult/impossible to get at. One mechanic suggested dropping the tranny (which is out of the question), another suggested getting a wiring diagram and "tapping" into the wires at the computer and another suggested finding someone who has done this repair in the past.

How about it guys and gals, any idea(s) how to go about doing this repair (with minimal cost) would be greatly appreciated.
71Ii0lYs12L__AC_SL1500_pigtail.jpg

Out of the three options, IMO, the second one is the one with the least hassle. Find a convenient place to splice into the harness and then run the wires to the plug the best way you can.

Out of the three options, IMO, the second one is the one with the least hassle. Find a convenient place to splice into the harness and then run the wires to the plug the best way you can.
Thanks for your reply 94Eddie... Yes, I agree. Problem is "finding a convenient place" to splice in. So I ordered the Factory Service Manual(s) with the Wiring Diagram Books to find that place.

Best for me though, would be to locate a mechanic who has done this before and knows exactly what to do.

Back