'07 ex eb bad wheel bearing...? Replace brake pads? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

'07 ex eb bad wheel bearing...? Replace brake pads?

acres90

Reaction score
City, State
lockney, tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 ford explorer
Hi everyonone. I have 161k miles on my '07. When I get to about 60 mph i here a lot of road noise and slight vibration in steering wheel. Could this be a bad bearing? Also wondering when i should replace brake pads? I bought this car in 2012 with 65k miles on it. Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Road noise and vibration can be one of many things. Tire wear, alignment issue, worn bearings can all be a cause. From my experience, bad bearings were evident at all speeds. As far as brake pads, you need to inspect them for wear. 100k miles is quite a bit for brakes though

Inside of left front tire was wearing a little bit. Had them rotated ...noise is still there

Alignment maybe if tire wear is uneven

I meant to say also had alignment done

It looks like a front hub since you feel it in the steering wheel. But do not discount a possibility of the rear bearings being bad as well.

That's tough to diagnose. There are ways to check the bearings by checking for wheel wobble by hand with truck lifted. Could be suspension related

It looks like a front hub since you feel it in the steering wheel. But do not discount a possibility of the rear bearings being bad as well.
Hi everyonone. I have 161k miles on my '07. When I get to about 60 mph i here a lot of road noise and slight vibration in steering wheel. Could this be a bad bearing? Also wondering when i should replace brake pads? I bought this car in 2012 with 65k miles on it. Thanks.

When my first rear bearing went I felt it in the steering wheel more than I had either front bearing. It's strange - but it happened and it cleared up as soon as I replaced it. Also, it was mentioned that it is constant with speed. My rear didn't really complain until about 70. It seemed fine at other speeds and would actually get better around 80 or so.

Back