08 Explorer Chrome Tail Light Cover | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

08 Explorer Chrome Tail Light Cover

spencer785

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
08 EB 4x4 V6
Hi there just wondering what ones do you guys think would look better on an 08 explorer eddie bauer.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

anybody help me decide

I personally like the factory look of the 06+ tail lights....but If you want a cover I like the first one better, less is more. Too much chrome on the second one.

I personally like the factory look of the 06+ tail lights....but If you want a cover I like the first one better, less is more. Too much chrome on the second one.

x2

I like the original gen 3 tails smoked. The new '06 up tails look funny to me, and the chrome things just look out of place. But, I'm a stocker dude...

I like the original gen 3 tails smoked. The new '06 up tails look funny to me, and the chrome things just look out of place. But, I'm a stocker dude...

I agree. Does anyone know whether an '05 (or prior) tailight will fit on an '07 model?

I prefer the 3rd gen style the best, however, id just go for a few coats of VHT NiteShades on the tails you have, that would look pretty sweet...

I prefer the 3rd gen style the best, however, id just go for a few coats of VHT NiteShades on the tails you have, that would look pretty sweet...

That's assuming I can do a decent job with the VHT... That's a leap of faith I'm not sure I'm willing to make, considering the outcome of "rattle can" jobs I've done on my bike in the past.

Just do about 3-4 DARK shades of it, its not hard at all...then when those are dry 2-3 thick coats of clear and your good...

If all else fails, just wet sand it off, or go the cheap easy way like I did, put some gas in a windex bottle and spray it then wipe the **** outta them

Just do about 3-4 DARK shades of it, its not hard at all...then when those are dry 2-3 thick coats of clear and your good...

Finally got around to making those tailights look the way I wanted to. I think the difference is subtle enough. Comments?

33558210009_large.jpg

33558210010_large.jpg

That looks BADASS!

I love it man!

Hey that doesn't look bad at all! I like them- nice job. :thumbsup:

I'm not crazy about the stock round cutouts on those tails- always made me think that Ford let their boy ricer intern design the tails. :D

Thanks, I'm actually pretty pleased with the outcome.

looks awesome divemaster

I think they are....not 100% though, but deff. go with the first set....what color is your ex?

They have the smoked LED style which is my fav

i decided not to get these.

I'm glad. Don't get carried away with chrome add-ons. A little is good, a lot is gawdy! Like this Hummer H2 I saw last weekend. Thing had every chrome add on you could possibly get on it... and it looked horrible! :thumbdwn:

I'm done with my chrome. I have just the right amount for my taste.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back